We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming in Tremblant/Laurentians this w-e? Check this.

Which Mont Tremblant hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 54
Coming in Tremblant/Laurentians this w-e? Check this.

I must report that I went to Montreal yesterday and came back this afternoon and traffic conditions were absolutely horrendous.

There is big construction works being done on highway 15 from Saint-Sauveur on to the end past Sainte-Agathe and, arriving in Sainte-Agathe from Mtl there is also some work on road 117 under the highway overpass. Yesterday we were stuck there for something like one full hour, almost the same coming back today. Impossible to take the highway because most of the construction is done on the northbound ways and there was traffic jams about every 10 kms from Saint-Sauveur onwardwith some ebb and flow in between and the overflow on the 117 created small traffic jams there too on the way before the major one in Sainte-Agathe. I was very surprised to see so much cars on the road at 1h30 pm but later learned that not only is Monday a statutory holiday but students had the day off today too. So everybody tried to jump on the road soon and the results were a total disaster.

SO if you were planning to come to the Laurentians/Mont-Tremblant area during this week-end I will suggest that if you are tourists on a week + vacation you wait until next Tuesday onward to come and visit us or if only weekenders you use creative ways to get here. All the back roads, for example from around Lachute or Saint-Donat, etc. will be nice as the show is not so much at a distance this year but while driving under the canopy.

Mind you I am not writing this in a negative manner to Tremblant/Intrawest, "au contraire" I think that it would be a disservice not to spread this information as, otherwise it will just create more overstressed visitors and employees. Not that this post will help sooooo much people but might do the trick for a few. For out of the Province visitors that must go to Tremblant in the next few days because of rentals, etc. you can even send me private messages and I will try to design some alternate drives for you.

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 1
1. Re: Coming in Tremblant/Laurentians this w-e? Check this.

This past Sunday around noon the road from the highway to Mont-Tremblant was packed. The whole 10 km was a parking lot, it would have been hours for anybody trying to get into Mont-Tremblant.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
reviews: 17
2. Re: Coming in Tremblant/Laurentians this w-e? Check this.

Knowing some workarounds is essential for locals. I took my girl horseback riding in La Conception on Saturday morning, luckily I planned ahead, went early and went on the back roads, otherwise UGH!

But I know for people working at the resort this weekend was a nightmare. But then again, they did get to work. Ah the endless conundrum.

Some folk took over four hours to get from Montreal to Tremblant on Friday, cannot imagine what Monday was like.

Today is still beautiful and the colours are gorgeous.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
reviews: 54
3. Re: Coming in Tremblant/Laurentians this w-e? Check this.

But they won't last! Yes they are on a real decline. Hurry up if you want to visit as by next week-end it will be almost totally gone.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 50
4. Re: Coming in Tremblant/Laurentians this w-e? Check this.

Hi Guys,

We were sort of "hoping" to get up to Mont-T on the Sunday... but we had friends who drove up and back on the Saturday... and they said the whole area was nuts... sooooo many people / cars.

So we changed our mind...

Ended up we drove the Seaway Valley instead on Sunday... weather was good and trees were a real mish-mash here... Birches over and bare... some Maples were Gold & Orange... while others haven't turned at all year (or just wisping)... didn't see one red tree... but not a BIG Surprise, as this isn't an area known for Sugar Maples... just too far to the south.

I read in the *Ottawa Citizen* today that the crowds over Thanksgiving Weekend in Gatineau Park were HUGE... (expected that)... they are currently AT PEAK... may decide to do a drive up during the week.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Edited: 5:56 pm, October 11, 2011
5. Re: Coming in Tremblant/Laurentians this w-e? Check this.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, October 26, 2012