We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking to stay in a cabin/chalet

Which Golden hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Looking to stay in a cabin/chalet

I have been researching for weeks for a place that can accomodate 4xadults and 2xchildren with bbq on patio. Theres not many places out there that have bbq's on there patios. The only place I can find is Kicking Horse River Chalet. The reviews are not that great so I'm not sure if theres anywhere else that would meet our requirements. I was looking originally at Douglas Fir but they don't have the bbq going on there patio so with that said I am looking for any kind of advice. The main goal is to be close to banff.

Thank you very much in advance

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
reviews: 63
1. Re: Looking to stay in a cabin/chalet

The Hidden Ridge Resort at Banff is just around the corner from the Douglas Fir. While they don't have individual bbq's on each patio, they do have bbq's available for use in the central common area of the resort, near the hot tub.

I have stayed at the Hidden Ridge before, and I really enjoyed it.

Another spot you may want to check out in Banff in the Tunnel Mountain Resort, it is directly across from the Douglas Fir. I am not certain if they have bbq's, but I'm sure a trip to their website could confirm this (or not) for you.

Hope that helps.

Vancouver, Canada
2. Re: Looking to stay in a cabin/chalet

Thank you once again Camping Girl for spending time in replying to me. To be honest with you we are now looking for somewhere more rustic. Initially our plans were to go to Douglas Fir because of slides for kids and then we thought the more rustic the better to be able to bbq ourselves and come and go as you please sounds more ideal to us. I was also looking into Fairmont Mountain Bungalows but thats quite a distance away from banff.

Have you stayed at the Kicking Horse River Chalet?

Thank you so much once again

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
reviews: 63
3. Re: Looking to stay in a cabin/chalet

If you are considering go as far as Revelstoke (far from Banff, I mean), you may want to look at the Blaeberry Mountain Lodge, which is just outside of Golden.

To be honest with you, I have no idea whether they have bbq's. But they have some private self-contained cottages. The place is very private and very well-maintained.

Here's the website: www.blaeberrymountainlodge.bc.ca/default.htm

Incidentally, the Trans Canada website may be able to provide some links to lodgings in that area. The website for this site, in case you don't already have it, is www.transcanadahighway.com

I can't answer about Kicking Horse, as I don't know anyone who's ever stayed there, sorry!

Vancouver, Canada
4. Re: Looking to stay in a cabin/chalet

Thanks a mil for the info. :)

florida
reviews: 1
5. Re: Looking to stay in a cabin/chalet

this post is particularly intrersting to me. I plan on taking my family (me, wife + 4 kids ages 10-21) to Jasper, Banff, etc for 2 weeks. Thought was 5 days in each of Jasper, Banff and Golden, with some sort of condo/cabin accomodation to fit all of us (at least 2 BR plus pull-out sofa, or inflatable mattress we could bring). Is Banff and Golden overkill on that area, or should we just do one week each of Jasper and Banff? Thought being in Golden area for a few days would save on multiple drives from Banff which can get long, especially after 2 weeks travelling. In Jasper we thought of Becker Chalets, Pyramid Lake Lodge (any thing big enough for 6 works!!). Thanks for any input you might have!!

6. Re: Looking to stay in a cabin/chalet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 11, 2009