We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodations

Which Parksville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nova scotia
accommodations

Hi

We are looking for accommodations for ourselves and another couple for one night in the Parksville, Qualicum Beach area for our summer 2009 vacation. We will be arriving mid to late afternoon in the area. We are looking for something in the average price range but wanted something other than a basic motel room that we could make a part of our vacation. We are looking at the two bedroom cabins at Riverbend Resort in the Parksville area. We would appreciate it if someone could tell us what this resort is like and if it would be a good choice. Also are there other accommodations that someone could suggest. Thanks

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
reviews: 103
1. Re: accommodations

Hi Kiska,

Here's a few options for you.In Parksville a brand new resort has opened named Beach Club Resort,I had some friends stay there last week and loved it.I have stayed at Tigh Na Mara and it was pretty good for accommodations but great beach location as is Pacific Shores.

Riverbend might not allow 1 night rentals in summer and they pack people in,usually very busy.

There is the Quality Resort Bayside not the greatest but price usually isnt either.

In Qualicum there is the Old Dutch Inn basic clean place across from the beach and I have friends that stay at Casa Grande Inn in Qualicum and we have been there to visit and it is nice.

IMO Parksville has the better beach in Rathtrevor

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
reviews: 97
2. Re: accommodations

My daughter recently stayed at Tigh Na Mara and enjoyed it. I have also heard nice things about the new Beach Club resort. I prefer Parksville to Qualicum for accomodations.

Vancouver, BC
reviews: 16
3. Re: accommodations

We stayed at the Tigh-na-Mara Resort in Parksville Jan.4 and 5th in a spa bungalow. Took a tour of the resort, had breakfast and dinner and walked the beach. It is a great place - everyone was friendly and the food was amazing. They have a great spa, pool,fitness center, gift shop, tennis courts, playground, coffee bar, lounge and restaurant. It is only approx.30 minute drive from where the ferry docks. You won't be disappointed.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 70
4. Re: accommodations

Hi;

If you haven’t already please take a moment and write a review of the resort.

More people read the reviews than the forum area when researching accommodations.

Best Regards

5. Re: accommodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 pm, October 09, 2009