We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping near Malakwa or Sicamous?

Which Salmon Arm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bc
reviews: 12
Camping near Malakwa or Sicamous?

We are looking to work/stay in the Sicamous- Malakwa area for 10 days in mid-July this coming summer? Does anyone have any review information on the local campsites? We need something with electricity and water. I note that Cedars Campground and Eagle River Campground are listed, however there is only one review for Cedars (poorly rated). I'd like to know of other opinions. Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
Blind Bay, BC
reviews: 5
1. Re: Camping near Malakwa or Sicamous?

See if this helps you :

rvparkreviews.com/regions/…Sicamous.html

Banff, Canada
reviews: 4
2. Re: Camping near Malakwa or Sicamous?

There is a nice regional district park and campground beside the KOA ... Probably the best bet. Check out www.shuswap.bc.ca

Alberta
reviews: 18
3. Re: Camping near Malakwa or Sicamous?

We just stayed at Cedars and it was fine. We were a little bit off season and it was not crowded. It wasn't fancy and the yard by the office was a little messy, but we had a good night and it was quiet. The site was pretty with lots of tall cedars....hence the name. Our trailer has all the amenities so I did not use the washroom facilities, but my husband did and he said the men's was clean. I would probably stay there again. Of all the campgrounds we stayed, my husband liked it he best. I think when it is hot in the summer it would be nice and shaded and cool.

Salmon Arm, Canada
4. Re: Camping near Malakwa or Sicamous?

We stayed at the Cedars on the last long weekend and liked it. Not spotless like djstdenis states but the owner is friendly and accomodating. The campsite is large so you can ask for a spot out of the way if you want privacy. There are some nice hiking trails right there as well.

Mike :)

Salmon Arm, Canada
5. Re: Camping near Malakwa or Sicamous?

The regional campsite ( Yard Creek ) does not have power or shower facilities. They do have water stations to haul your own water. We have stayed there many times but it is dark and damp. The sites at Yard Creek are large and a good distance apart and I have never seen the park full.

Mike :)

Reply to: Camping near Malakwa or Sicamous?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Salmon Arm
More Salmon Arm Topics