We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuswap Camping

Which Salmon Arm hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta
reviews: 27
Shuswap Camping

I've been scouring the net and there seems to be very limited camping options around the Shuswap. With the parks reservations in place, both the provincial camp grounds are pretty much booked up. Hoping someone can give me some tips on a nice quiet campground that doesn't pack campers in like sardines.

23 replies to this topic
Blind Bay, BC
reviews: 5
1. Re: Shuswap Camping

http://www.blindbayresort.com/

travelinbc.com/Shuswap-Lake-Motel-and-Resort…

Sunset Bay RV Resort & Campground 1992 Eagle Bay Road Blind Bay, BC V0E 1H1 (250)804-3169 e-mail: sunsetbay@live.ca

Of course there is always the North shore..

If I think of any others I will post again tomorrow..

Blind Bay, BC
2. Re: Shuswap Camping

Whoops!! Forgot about these ones..

www.sachamber.bc.ca/members.php?cat=349

Sechelt, BC
reviews: 33
3. Re: Shuswap Camping

Sandy point campground near Salmon Arm

Pierre's Point also near Salmon Arm

Medicine Hat, Canada
reviews: 30
4. Re: Shuswap Camping

Most of the links in that chamber of commerce site come up page error. I am looking for campgrounds in the Shuswap area for next summer and came across several links simply by googling 'shuswap campgrounds'.

camping.bc.ca/thompson_okanagan/Shuswap_camp…

shuswaptourism.ca/plan/accommodation/rv-park…

hellobc.com/en-CA/…

Edited: 5:29 pm, July 24, 2011
Northern British...
5. Re: Shuswap Camping

I am going to Sandy Point this year, Have been there before, it's quite busy and your pretty packed in there but it's one of the last places on the water left. The customer service is great, I phoned and they were very pleasant and accomodating to get us in. Also Pierre's point is really nice, we've been there. If you aren't stuck on the Shuswap but are looking for the heat Brookvale holiday resort is really nice and laid back in Osoyoos. We were there for 3 years and had a ball. Another great one is Vernon, Fintry. We love that one too, we are going there for our 2nd half of the holiday. Good luck

Victoria, BC Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria
reviews: 12
6. Re: Shuswap Camping

Most provincial camp grounds have first come first served sites as well. They do not reserve the entire camp ground.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 11
7. Re: Shuswap Camping

Just to let you know, we're writing from a hotel room in Vernon after a string of "FULL" campgrounds. We started looking at 2pm (I thought checkout- was 2pm - not sure when it is) and all full. Even the first come first served.

Looking into Pierre's Point for the next two nights as we are traveling with our dog and they seem to have a nearby dog-friendly beach. I'll post a review since the ones out there are mixed right now.

Blind Bay, BC
8. Re: Shuswap Camping

It was the August long weekend hence the full campgrounds..

Alberta
reviews: 27
9. Re: Shuswap Camping

Thanks for all the replies, I look forward to your review on Pierre's Point FamTravellers

Sechelt, BC
reviews: 33
10. Re: Shuswap Camping

Another option in the Shuswap Region is the Yard Creek Campground near Sicamous. Its not on the lake so is often overlooked but the sites are big and private (its a former provincial park).

http://www.malakwa.ca/yardcreek.php

Many people staying at Yard Creek take advantage of the public beach in Sicamous (about a 15 minute drive).

shuswapdestinations.com/activity.php…

Reply to: Shuswap Camping
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Salmon Arm
More Salmon Arm Topics