We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

24 hour services in Valemount?

Which Valemount hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon...
24 hour services in Valemount?

Hi there,

My Greyhound makes a stop in Valemount from 1:00am to 5:45am on Monday night, and when I searched the Greyhound website they told me that the bus station will be closed during those hours.

Anyone know of any 24 hour Tim's or anything we can hang out in for that period? Don't know anything about the town, would simply setting up our tent in a near by park be a bad idea?

Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 86
1. Re: 24 hour services in Valemount?

Valemount is a pretty small village (population about 1000); you might want to contact the tourism office there for an answer to your question: http://www.visitvalemount.ca/ There may be a truck stop that is open 24 hours (but maybe not - I could be confusing Valemount with Blue River), but would suggest you check with the tourism people.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 3
2. Re: 24 hour services in Valemount?

Has been a while since I was there..slept in the back of my car...I do recall a lot of rigs through there...not much else around but I figure there had to be something around there for all the rig traffic...24 HR gas station or the like

Nanaimo, Canada
reviews: 28
3. Re: 24 hour services in Valemount?

www.visitvalemount.ca/village/takeout.htm

Petro Canada shows on this website as being open 24 hours.

I can't believe the bus would leave people to fend for themselves there, especially in the wee hours of the morning, for that length of time! What does the bus driver do? Or is it the "end of the line" for him and he just goes home????

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 86
4. Re: 24 hour services in Valemount?

If I recall correctly, the Petro Canada in Valemount is just a gas station - no restaurant or sitting area, although there is a convenience store.

Valemount, Canada
5. Re: 24 hour services in Valemount?

Today is Novemeber 24 2012...

I operate the local Valemount Taxi service.The only 24 hour service in the village at that time are several motels for check in purposes and the local Petro Canada gas station.Yes is does have a convenience store but was designed with an overnight seating area (emergencies) in the local A&W so there is always a warm place to get out of the winter weather and damp and soggy mountain nights during the rest of the year.Population is only approx 1000 so services are at a minimal,but should you get the opportunity to stay and visit this little valley paradise,do so .

For more info go to www.valemount.ca the village website and"Let Our Mountains Move You"

6. Re: 24 hour services in Valemount?

Hi there, yes there is a 24 hr Petro Canada and there is an A&W in it, the restaruant closes but a seating area remains open for bus passengers and others!

Reply to: 24 hour services in Valemount?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Valemount
More Valemount Topics