We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel by train

Which Chatham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Windsor, Canada
travel by train

I would like to take two little girls to wheels inn . We enjoy going on the train. How far is the train station from wheels inn. Are there taxis available at the train station and about how much would it cost.

reviews: 148
1. Re: travel by train

I've stayed at Wheels Inn, but many years ago. I did some checking, and found out that the Via Station (at 360 Queen St) and Wheels Inn (615 Richmond) is just 3.31 kms apart. That's a quick cab ride.

Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
reviews: 16
2. Re: travel by train

ABtraveller is right - and I was so surprised to see a post to my hometown forum! I'd guesstimate the cab fare at $10 - 12. As you exit train station, left down Queen, then left on Richmond - should take no more than 6 - 10 minutes. Usually there are 1 or 2 cabs at the station, but if cabbies see there are more fares wanting rides than cabs, they will radio for more.

While the facilities at the Wheels are terrific for kids, some of their rooms are less well maintained...OK, *beat up* by repeat use by kids and families...than others. If you don't like the first one they assign you, insist on looking at an alternative, then being moved if it's better.

Windsor, Canada
3. Re: travel by train

We just returned from Chatham Wheels Inn we had a quick train ride got a taxi right away 10.00 dollars got there right in time for check in. Our room was very nice everything seemed like brand new. My grand daughter loved the waterslides. She liked playing the games. We had a nice time everthing was well supervised it's a great place to take little kids.

4. Re: travel by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, September 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Chatham
Recent Conversations
More Chatham Topics