We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking Trails In Huntsville This Weekend?

Which Huntsville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Park, Gros Morne National Park
reviews: 698
Hiking Trails In Huntsville This Weekend?

I had planned on going hiking around Huntsville/Algonquin Park (not camping) over Easter, but I assume there is a fair amount of snow on the trails now? Anyone been out?

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 50
1. Re: Hiking Trails In Huntsville This Weekend?

Hi OntarioCanuck,

Haven't been to Algonquin Park, but I did check out Gatineau Park (Canada's National Capital Region) over the weekend... We are close in climate, Algonquin is a little more north in latitude.

I found the forest to be still snow covered. Trails ranged from snow and ice covered to clear (depending on how much sunlight they got). There were muddy (actually very mucky spots).... as well the creeks and streams were at capacity and quick running (not safe, to be too close to the water).

Typically good hiking isn't possbile until after the beginning of May.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 71
2. Re: Hiking Trails In Huntsville This Weekend?

Hi;

Anywhere north of Hwy 7 got snow the last few days.

Here in Grey / Bruce we received about 4-6 inches. Places such as Barrie that get lake effect snow off of Georgian Bay received a bit more.

Today's forecast is for 2 cm of snow for Huntsville.

weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/…on-88_metric_e.html

Best Regards

Huntsville, Ontario
reviews: 3
3. Re: Hiking Trails In Huntsville This Weekend?

We have about a foot of snow here. You can see webcams of the conditions at www.accu-window-weather.com My friend Brian went cross country skiing today in Dwight. You'll find some wet patches.

Bring your high waterproof hiking boots!

4. Re: Hiking Trails In Huntsville This Weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, October 23, 2009