We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parry Sound to Ottawa through the Muskoka

Which Parry Sound hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salt Spring Island...
Parry Sound to Ottawa through the Muskoka

We'd like to travel one-way from Parry Sound to Ottawa via the Muskoka. Are there one-way car rentals from Parry Sound? What about taking a bus (or buses)?

4 replies to this topic
Barrie, Canada
reviews: 12
1. Re: Parry Sound to Ottawa through the Muskoka

There is no direct route, but you can work your way toward Ottawa through Algonquin Park which whole trip would be a pretty drive. I don't think you will find one-way car rentals or a direct bus trip to Ottawa either. But google Parry Sound and you might find something.

Toronto
2. Re: Parry Sound to Ottawa through the Muskoka

There's at least an Enterprise Rent-A-Car in Parry Sound, maybe other agencies. You could probably get a one-way rental from them but it would be expensive, how much so I don't know. Give em a call.

Not sure how you'd get there by bus. Parry Sound is served by the Ontario Northland bus service but it's on a route from Toronto, I don't know of any bus service that heads east from Parry Sound.

The most direct driving route would take you right through Muskoka and Algonquin Park. Take the 141 east to Highway 11, go north on 11 to 60, then east on 60 all the way to 17 and take 17/417 into Ottawa. Alternately, from Rosseau you can branch off the 141 and take the more trecherous Aspdin Road straight into Huntsville and get on Hwy 60 from there.

Salt Spring Island...
3. Re: Parry Sound to Ottawa through the Muskoka

Thank you very much for both replies about how to go one-way through the Muskoka from Parry Sound to Ottawa without a personal vehicle. I've followed up on your suggestions about bus and car rental, and we've decided it's more reasonable and practical to take the bus to Toronto. Hopefully we'll have an opportunity to visit Algonquin on another trip.

Calgary, Alberta...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Parry Sound to Ottawa through the Muskoka

Parry Sounds Muskoka Lake had a fantastic time .. loved the scenery alos the ppl were very friendly. i recomend Oscars restaurant had an amazing experience .. food was delicious , clean and very welcoming chocolate cake to die for.. also the waitress Cheri was exremely friendly and entertaining .. defeinitly take time out for that place ... ask for ur ice tea with a twist u'll have a good laugh !!!

Reply to: Parry Sound to Ottawa through the Muskoka
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted