We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Parry Sound to Killarney

Which Parry Sound hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
reviews: 15
Transportation from Parry Sound to Killarney

Hi everyone!

My wife and I will be joining my brother and sister-in-law in Killarney for a boat trip to Parry Sound in July.

We have been trying to come up with the best way to get there and it seems that driving to Parry Sound and leaving our car and getting a taxi/limo/transportation service to drive us up to Killarney makes the best sense.

I'm having trouble finding these businesses on the internet. Is there anyone out there who knows how to get from Parry Sound to Killarney?

6 replies to this topic
Toronto
1. Re: Transportation from Parry Sound to Killarney

At 190 km, Parry Sound to Killarney sounds like an awfully expensive cab ride. I'm not sure I understand the situation: this is a one-way boat trip? If your brother lives in Killarney, how are he and his wife planning to get back? Or if he lives in southern Ontario like you, couldn't you each drive to Parry Sound in your respective cars with your respective wives, leave one car there, and continue all in one car to Killarney, so that the other car will be waiting for you at the end of the sail?

If you must resort to cabbing to Killarney, perhaps you could at least leave your car at a location further north that is served by the Ontario Northland bus service from Parry Sound, shortening the cab ride to Killarney and then taking the bus back to your car from Parry Sound at the end. Alban, for example, has an Ontario Northland bus stop. Or you could try to find out from Northland what's the closest to the Hwy 637 turnoff they'd be willing to let someone off on the Hwy 69 route.

One thing that MIGHT help you is the Parkbus initiative, http://www.parkbus.ca/ , which runs buses to various camping destinations including Killarney on certain days of the week. I don't think they generally stop in Parry Sound, but since it's a small company with a fairly fluid service schedule, you could call and ask about the possibility of a pickup.

toronto
2. Re: Transportation from Parry Sound to Killarney

I was trying to keep this simple. My brother-in-law lives in Chicago. They are coming from there to Parry Sound in their Grand Banks trawler. They have asked us to join them for the Killarney/Parry Sound leg of the journey.

We have many alternatives including flying to Sudbury and taking a cab from there. We feel the most convenient alternative is driving to Parry Sound. That way we have transportation for the four of us for the week and it is a short drive back to Toronto.

It is pretty much carved in stone and since we are no longer backpackers like we were in the 60s, we felt this is the most convenient, comfortable and perhaps cheapest way to go.

So anyone out there, are there transportation companies in our near Parry Sound who do this sort of thing?

Ottawa, ON
reviews: 59
3. Re: Transportation from Parry Sound to Killarney

A quick Bing search suggests that there is only one taxi company in Parry Sound. Have you given them a call to see if they might be interested in your business and what they might charge?

(705) 746-1221

If they are not interested, they are probably still helpful small town folk. You might ask if they could suggest anyone local that might want take on such a job.

toronto
4. Re: Transportation from Parry Sound to Killarney

Thanks.

I might also contact the marina we will be staying at. I'm sure we are not the first 'city folk' with strange requests.

Almaguin Highlands...
5. Re: Transportation from Parry Sound to Killarney

You might look into an air taxi. Georgian Bay Airways' primary business seems to be sight-seeing tours but I believe they also do short charters. The fare might not be much more than ground transportation, given the location. As a bonus, you would also get an AMAZING view of Georgian Bay and the 30,000 Islands!

http://www.georgianbayairways.com/

Burlington, Canada
reviews: 29
6. Re: Transportation from Parry Sound to Killarney

Some pretty fine suggestions here. I would definitely call the taxi company and ask for some sort of flat-rate/deal you could work out.

Secondly, if the cab company declines finding a local who might want to drive you for a fee is also a good idea. I'm sure there are many folks up that way willing to do it for a few extra bucks.

The Georgian Bay Airways is another fine option. Again, it would depend on his prices. There is also another company called Rainbow Airways located just outside of Parry Sound. You could do some comparison shopping.....or maybe the marina will be of help to you. Good luck.

Reply to: Transportation from Parry Sound to Killarney
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted