We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Mackinaw City, MI to Parry Sound,ON

Which Parry Sound hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Parry Sound
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Getting from Mackinaw City, MI to Parry Sound,ON

We were trying to find out if there was a ferry to get there or anywhere in that general area. Otherwise we will drive around the northern part of the lake, but it looks like a long drive. We wanted to know if it was a pleasant, scenic drive. We've never been in this part of the country before so would appreciate any help. We wrote to the Mackinaw City Chamber of Commerce, but they didn't respond to our question. Thanks.

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
141 reviews
1. Re: Getting from Mackinaw City, MI to Parry Sound,ON

PST

Mapquest indicates the drive from Mackinaw City to Parry Sound as 552 km and 7h 16 min. www.mapquest.com/maps/mackinaw+city+mi/parry+sound+on/

I'd consider it scenic - first time!

There's 2 ferry routes that I know. One is simply between Mackinac Island and the mainland. For example, www.mackinacferry.com The other from Manitoulan Island and Tobermory. www.ontarioferries.com They would not save you time.

Parry Sound
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Getting from Mackinaw City, MI to Parry Sound,ON

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate it.

3. Re: Getting from Mackinaw City, MI to Parry Sound,ON

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, October 01, 2009