We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group Cabin/Cottage/House Rentals in Canmore

Which Canmore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 1
Group Cabin/Cottage/House Rentals in Canmore

I'm looking to rent a cabin/cottage/house for a group of 10 adults in February. I've heard a variety of mentions about legislation restricting this many adults?

Any clarification on this and recommendations for rentals would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 80
1. Re: Group Cabin/Cottage/House Rentals in Canmore

I don't know about that many adults, but I know that Canmore has a problem with unlicensed vacation rental homes and condos. You can find information on the Town of Canmore website about the local zoning regulations, including, if I recall correctly, a listing of the addresses that are licensed to be rented.

I know that Alberta Health requires B&Bs to have no more than eight guests per home (in addition to the host family); any more than this and the building standards that are in place for a residence are not enough, and the premises fall under commercial building codes,which require a commercial fire alarms, sprinklers, more emergency exits etc.

Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
reviews: 5
2. Re: Group Cabin/Cottage/House Rentals in Canmore

There are going to be few options that can accommodate that many people in one unit.

I did come across this one on VRBO, that says it can take up to ten.

http://www.vrbo.com/201335

I just quickly glanced at it, as far as it being a legal vacation rental you will have to do your own research. I'm sure there are illegal ones still out there, but the city of Canmore really started cracking down on them. Last I heard there was a fulltime person who scans the internet looking for the advertisements for them.

Cheers

Blind Bay, BC
reviews: 5
3. Re: Group Cabin/Cottage/House Rentals in Canmore

Here is another one you might want to check out:

vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/21641

Edmonton
reviews: 4
4. Re: Group Cabin/Cottage/House Rentals in Canmore

Try this one -

…kijiji.ca/c-Canada-Alberta-Canmore-Can-Do-M…

Edited: 4:14 am, November 13, 2012
5. Re: Group Cabin/Cottage/House Rentals in Canmore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 23, 2013