We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch on Christmas Day

Which Canmore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
brisbane australia
reviews: 3
Lunch on Christmas Day

I am looking for suggestions for a place for two of us to dine at lunchtime on Christmas Day. We will be staying at the Worldmark Resort and will not have a car. Any help appreciated.

Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
reviews: 6
1. Re: Lunch on Christmas Day

There will not be a lot of options in Canmore on Christmas Day. I know in past years Murrietas downtown has put on a Christmas dinner, I am not sure if they do lunch. You could contact them and find out. http://www.murrietas.ca/

I'm not familiar with the Worldmark resort, I looked it up and see that it is in the Three Sisters area. I do not know of any restaurants out there. You would have to take a taxi to Murrietas.

Cheers

brisbane australia
2. Re: Lunch on Christmas Day

Thanks for that. As we are arriving on 24/12 I thought it might be best to try to make some arrangements beforehand. Will it be easy enough to get a taxi in

Canmore?

Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
3. Re: Lunch on Christmas Day

I'm sure there will be a few taxi cabs operating on Chrismas Day, but you might want to make arrangements before hand to make sure you get one. You could call them when you arrive to book for the next day. Here is the link for one you can contact.

http://www.cougarcreektransportation.ca/

brisbane australia
4. Re: Lunch on Christmas Day

Thanks very much for all your help.

Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
5. Re: Lunch on Christmas Day

Your welcome:)

brisbane australia
6. Re: Lunch on Christmas Day

Travelbug, I have now contacted Cougar Creek transport and have already had a reply from them so thanks once again for your help.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 14
7. Re: Lunch on Christmas Day

Cabs may take longer on Christmas day so make sure you factor that in. Sage Bistro is a great option as well. They should have a nice brunch menu as well as lunch.

Canada
reviews: 5
8. Re: Lunch on Christmas Day

This is off topic, but how long are you staying at the Worldmark? There is nothing within walking distance, no public transport, and you can wait a LONG time for a taxi on a busy day. If you are there for more than a night, I highly recommend you get a car.

brisbane australia
9. Re: Lunch on Christmas Day

Smitten, we did not realise when we booked that it was so far from the main part of Canmore. We are staying a week but I would not feel comfortable driving in conditions so different from what we are used to here. We have a few tours booked and the rest of the time we will just "chill out" before coming home to face our long hot summer. Thanks for the suggestion.

Canada
reviews: 5
10. Re: Lunch on Christmas Day

That's fair, I can see how driving on the wrong side of the road in the middle of winter wouldn't be very fun(or safe)! I hope you enjoy your tours!