We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding dinner and hotel for elopement?

Which Canmore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Logan, Utah
reviews: 25
wedding dinner and hotel for elopement?

My soon to be husband and I are going on a eloping while on road trip through the Canadian Rockies (driving up from the States). We plan to get married at the beginning of the trip probably in Canmore or Banff, something outdoors, but it is just the two of us. We are looking for something special with personal service, but not necessarily grand and luxurious (Banff Springs and RimRock don't really appeal to me for some reason, they seem really big?)

I'm trying to decide where to have our wedding meal and where to stay for the the wedding night. I guess I envisioned Canmore being less touristy than Banff, but I'll have to go to Banff to get my hair/makeup done anyway.

Option A)

Paintbox Lodge (highly rated B&B)

Tapas for wedding dinner which is next door

ceremony on banks of Bow River, Paintbox has free bikes (we could ride there!)

It was suggested as a place to go for dinner where I could show up in a wedding gown and not look TOO out of place.

Option B)

Buffalo Mountain Lodge

3 course dinner package

ceremony at hoodoos or around BML

It's hard to get a feel for what A and B just by websites, but they seem more cozy/lodgey type from the photos? I hear there's great hospitality at the Paintbox, but then wonder if it's a little TOO quaint? BML has an elopement package so someone takes care of things for your elopement, so a little more fancy with the lodgey-ness?

For the rest of the trip, we plan to hit Moraine and Emerald Lake Lodges perhaps. I know ELL offers an elopement deal, but keeping it near Banff/Canmore makes more logistical sense.

Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
reviews: 6
1. Re: wedding dinner and hotel for elopement?

There is the Bear and Bison Inn in Canmore, people often have weddings there. http://www.bearandbisoninn.com/

You would not have to get your hair/make up done in Banff there are Salons in Canmore. The Aveda Salon like http://www.rapunzels.net/services/hair.htm Rapunzels would be able to do a fantastic job for you.

I know there are some other more intimate kinds of places around the Bow Valley, I will try to think about some more and post them.

Logan, Utah
reviews: 25
2. Re: wedding dinner and hotel for elopement?

Thank you for the Aveda Salon rec! I will explore Canmore salon options a little more.

I looked online at Bear and Bison Inn, but it looked a little dated online? So hard to tell when planning this from afar!

What do you think of Paintbox Lodge for getting ready and wedding lodging?

I'm also checking out HomeAway.com and VBRO.com for places for the heck of it.

3. Re: wedding dinner and hotel for elopement?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 21, 2013