We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food on arrival

Which Canmore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Anglesey
reviews: 27
Food on arrival

We will be travelling from the UK and hope to arrive around 5pm Sunday evening at Canmore.

Can anyone suggest a nice basic place to eat a meal - not burgers but not high end either, just a steak and chips sort of place.

Also the best place to pick up a picnic box for travel up the Icefield Parkway first thing the next morning.

thankyou

Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
reviews: 5
1. Re: Food on arrival

I'm trying to think of something that is not fast food or high end, the one place that came to mind for fish and chips and I think they would have steak as well is the Georgetown Pub on Bow Valley Trail or the Grizzly Paw Pub and The Wood Restaurant and Lounge, both on Main Street downtown would be an option as well.

I am not sure if anyone does picnic lunches or not, perhaps someone else knows? Your best bet would be to head to either the Safeway or Sobeys grocery store, they are very close to each other on Railway Avenue. You can load up on items to make your own picnic, like meat, cheese, buns etc for sandwiches, fruit, snacks etc. They do have deli sections with a lot of pre-done items as well.

Cheers:)

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 66
2. Re: Food on arrival

If all else fails, I'm sure you could pick up sandwiches for Subway or Tim Horton's.

Anglesey
3. Re: Food on arrival

Thanks Travelbug

I had googled Grizzly Paw pub and that looked like the sort of thing we were after but I wondered if there were more places there.

Safeway etc sounds a great idea where we could get what we need for our journey.

Anglesey
4. Re: Food on arrival

We quite like Subway so that wouldnt be a problem :)

Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
5. Re: Food on arrival

Unfortunately there are not a lot of what I would call casual style restaurants in Canmore. There is an Italian and a Mexican place on Main Street as well that are not too pricey, but many other restuarants are more expensive or higher end.

A couple of great places are Community Cafe and Harvest but unfortunately both of them will be closed at 5pm on Sunday, you can check them our during the rest of your stay if you are returning to Canmore.

I just thought of one more place, you can get tasty sandwiches, muffins, pastries etc. to go at Beamers. They have two locations in Canmore now, one on Bow Valley Trail and one on 7th avenue downtown.

Anglesey
6. Re: Food on arrival

Great, Beamers sounds good, just checked their menu and they have chicken pot pie on the menu!!! that will do the job. We are staying on Bow Valley trail too so should be easy to find.

Many thanks

Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
7. Re: Food on arrival

Your welcome, we have enjoyed sandwiches and goodies at Beamers several times and it has always been good.

Camden, Australia
reviews: 33
8. Re: Food on arrival

I can recommend the Grizzly Paw, particularly if you have not experienced Alberta beef before. A steak sandwich and one of their beers makes for a fantastic meal. I had almost forgotten how good Alberta beef was after my visit four years ago, until I had it again just the other night at the 360 Restaurant atop of the CN Tower in Toronto. Yummy.

Newtown, PA
reviews: 246
9. Re: Food on arrival

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just piggyback this one.

We also will be arriving around dinnertime after a full day of travel. I'll be looking for a nice tasty local beer and sandwich. I think Frommy has me sold on the Grizzly Paw. Any other places in Canmore that can match the Grizzly Paw?

Anglesey
10. Re: Food on arrival

I think the Grizzly Paw is winning for us too so long as we are not too tired when we arrive :)