We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Wedding Anniversary in Banff

Which Canmore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
First Wedding Anniversary in Banff

My husband and I (;o)) will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary in Banff in early June - any ideas for a special evening out?

Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
reviews: 5
1. Re: First Wedding Anniversary in Banff

You have posted in Canmore forum, were you looking for restaurants there or in Banff?

Some suggestions of places to dine in Banff would be the Banff Springs Hotel, they have a nice Italian Restuarant or you could have a romantic fondue at the Waldhaus. There is also the Maple Leaf Grill and the Three Ravens or the Juniper Bistro and Lounge.

For something else to add to the day or evening you could take a horse drawn carriage ride, take a trip up the Sulphur Mountain Gondola or depending on the weather and what time of June you are arriving you could rent a canoe to take on the Bow River.

In Canmore some nice restaurants are Murrietas, or perhaps the Sage Bistro or Crazy Weed. There is a nice restaurant at the Silvertip Resort.

Just to throw out another option, there is the Wallister Stube at the Chateau Lake Louise or the Post Hotel has a very fine dining restaurant. Then you could take a romantic canoe ride on Lake Louise. Lake Louise is approx. 45 minutes drive west of Banff.

Enjoy your anniversary, it will be special no matter what you do in the beautiful Rocky Mountains.

Cheers:)

Canada
reviews: 6
2. Re: First Wedding Anniversary in Banff

For a really fancy night out, I'm a big fan of the Eden Restaurant in the Rimrock Resort. The views are amazing, as is the food & service. It's a really special experience.

And Happy Anniversary!

Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
3. Re: First Wedding Anniversary in Banff

Yes, drive to Storm Mountain Lodge and get a cabin for the night and have a romantic evening meal. It's one of the most romantic places on earth!

http://www.stormmountainlodge.com/

Google "Image" Storm Mountain Lodge to get a better visual of how magical this place is. Certainly you could drive there for a meal from Banff, but it just means you can't drink. It's about 40 Minutes from

If you want to stay in Banff, my favorite "romantic" dining destination for ambience is Castello at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. I also enjoy a romantic dinner at the Beaujolais in downtown Banff.

4. Re: First Wedding Anniversary in Banff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:40 am, October 23, 2012
Edited: 12:40 am, October 23, 2012
5. Re: First Wedding Anniversary in Banff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, December 16, 2013