We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions for quiet, out-of-town lodge/inn/cabins?

Which Canmore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
Level Contributor
29 posts
15 reviews
suggestions for quiet, out-of-town lodge/inn/cabins?

We are looking for quiet place to stay in canmore/banff area, scenic and away from town and highways. Suggestions?

Canadian Rockies...
Level Contributor
301 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: suggestions for quiet, out-of-town lodge/inn/cabins?

Baker Creek Chalets would be a good fit. So would Storm Mountain Lodge

Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: suggestions for quiet, out-of-town lodge/inn/cabins?

Not sure what your budget is, but here are some places that are scenic and away from towns.

I will second Baker Creek Chalets, it is located sort of half way between Lake Louise and Banff.

You could also check out Copperstone Resort, it out in a very quiet area just east of the town of Canmore.

Storm Mountain Lodge located not too far down HWY 93S from the Castle Junction (the halfway point between Lake Louise and Banff)

If you are okay being near Lake Louise instead of Banff then Paradise Bungalows is another nice choice.

Edited: 12:09 pm, May 10, 2012
Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Lake Louise
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
3. Re: suggestions for quiet, out-of-town lodge/inn/cabins?

I'd absolutely agree with any of the above mentioned options, and would like to also add Castle Mountain Chalets. Located closer to Banff than Baker Creek, it would be your halfway mark between Banff and Lake Louise. You can view each of these properties at www.banfflakelouise.com/Places-to-Stay/

Canmore, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
44 reviews
4. Re: suggestions for quiet, out-of-town lodge/inn/cabins?

If you don't mind going a little bit further I suggest a place I stayed at personally last November. It's called Mount 7 lodges and it's just a few kilometers south of Golden. There are 3 chalets that are at least 100 yards away from each other. Full kitchen, well, just check out my review of it. I stayed in the "deer lodge". It was absolutely perfect, dark, quiet, and private. A few horses on site and a couple of dogs that secure the perimetre of the property at night, and they're so cute and friendly.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
63 reviews
5. Re: suggestions for quiet, out-of-town lodge/inn/cabins?

If you haven't booked already can't recommend enought Homestead B and B which has self catering facilities. Very quiet fantastic views.

6. Re: suggestions for quiet, out-of-town lodge/inn/cabins?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 18, 2013