We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to pack for canmore in two weeks

Which Canmore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
reviews: 6
what to pack for canmore in two weeks

coming to canmore in two weeks time to spend a week,whats the weather like now ?im just packing and dont want to be caught out with the wrong clothing..iv packed warm layers ,waterproofs,good strong shoes,gloves coat,hat etc,and jeans,etc for night time.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
reviews: 87
1. Re: what to pack for canmore in two weeks

At this time of year, we can sometimes get "four seasons in a day" here in the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Temperatures can range from below freezing, up into the low 20's (if you're lucky). Sounds like you are on the right track.

Edited: 5:51 pm, April 13, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 67
2. Re: what to pack for canmore in two weeks

I agree with Krp329's assessment. In fact, early spring and late fall are the two seasons where I get out my down vest and fingerless gloves, because they work well with the rather strange weather.

Just to fill you in a bit - here in Calgary, the weather was sunny & warm yesterday, with a high of 12C in my back yard. I was just wearing a light cardigan. Today, it's cloudy, windy, and cool and I've been wearing a warm fleece jacket. In the next 36 hours, we're forecast to receive up to 6 inches of snow, so I've been busy fixing the downspouts on my house to drain the roof runoff away from the foundations, as the ground is already pretty soggy.

Anyway, have a look at this TA Traveller Article on clothing for the mountains in the various seasons:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154910-c13644/Banff-…

TA Traveller Articles are written by TA members like you and me to answer popular questions like yours.

You may find it helpful to keep an eye on the current weather via Environment Canada; just remember, once the forecast gets beyond 3 days, it's very unreliable:

weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/…ab-49_metric_e.html

Edited: 6:02 pm, April 13, 2011
Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
reviews: 6
3. Re: what to pack for canmore in two weeks

As stated you pretty much have to prepare for it all. Canmore can differ from what is happening in Calgary. Sometimes we are getting snow when they are not and vice versa.

I pretty much have to open up my door and stick my head out before going deciding what to put on. I don't know how many times I have gone out either way over dressed or undressed by thinking the temperature is going to be the same as the day before, or even the same as earlier in the day.

As long as you have some layers that you can easily remove and put on as needed you'll be fine.

Cheers

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 67
4. Re: what to pack for canmore in two weeks

I think the theme song for this thread should be Ian Tyson's "Springtime in Alberta"; it describes the situation perfectly!

5. Re: what to pack for canmore in two weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, October 30, 2012