We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset cruise opinions

Which South Lake Tahoe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
reviews: 51
Sunset cruise opinions

We are debating the Tahoe Queen versus Safari Rose for the sunset cruise. Can anyone comment on the different experiences of each? Thanks!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
1. Re: Sunset cruise opinions

I've been on neither of those for a sunset cruise, but have been on MS Dixie.

For a sunset cruise, we like the Sierra Cloud from in front of the Hyatt in Incline Village. The two hour cruise has live music and a very friendly staff. The north shore has amazing sunsets.

www.awsincline.com/sierra-cloud-catamaran

Denver
2. Re: Sunset cruise opinions

Thank you. That sounds nice, but unfortunately we only have one night there and it will be in South Lake Tahoe, so we can't do that. Our best friends just decided to get married during our vacation so we had to shorten it. My boyfriend thinks we should take the Tahoe Queen so we get dinner, but I am thinking it sounds too crowded and the Safari Rose sounds much nicer.

Near Yosemite...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Sunset cruise opinions

Did you see the recent thread on this subject. It may help you--- tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1798615-i17742…

Denver
4. Re: Sunset cruise opinions

Thanks - I did see it but I was specifically wondering about the sunset or dinner cruise.

Lake Tahoe, NV
reviews: 19
5. Re: Sunset cruise opinions

The Sunset Cruise on the Safari Rose and the Dinner Cruise on the Tahoe Queen is comparing apples to oranges.

The Safrai Rose cruise is an elegant two hour sunset tour with appetizers and cocktails while the Tahoe Queen is a 3+hour dinner and dancing experience.

I have done BOTH numerous times and can answer any specific questions.

6. Re: Sunset cruise opinions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about South Lake Tahoe