We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Tahoe Fireworks vs. other lake fireworks and where to?

Which South Lake Tahoe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
South Tahoe Fireworks vs. other lake fireworks and where to?

So, we've decided to do Tahoe for 4th of July...we know it is going to be crazy packed. So, our initial reason for going is to see the "one of the top fireworks shows in the country" Lights on the Lake fireworks that South Shore puts on...we're assuming, however, that the other fireworks display happening around the lake (Tahoe City), and possibly others are likely to be less crowded... I'd appreciate the thoughts on the various options by someone who has seen them. :)

Also, if the South Tahoe display is THE place to be for fireworks, at least, are there any places that are good for viewing that we won't have to camp out all day to have a spot?

I'd really appreciate any advice! We're fairly local in Sac, and have been to Tahoe many times, both North and South...but this will be our first 4th of July excursion.

Appreciate any thoughts!! :)

13 replies to this topic
Eastvale, California
11. Re: South Tahoe Fireworks vs. other lake fireworks and where to?

Does anyone have thoughts on the view from Bijou Community Park? We're staying near there and would love to walk and avoid traffic!

Thanks for starting this discussion!

Near Yosemite...
reviews: 6
12. Re: South Tahoe Fireworks vs. other lake fireworks and where to?

Bijou Community Park is quite away from the Edgewood Golf area. I suppose you would be able to view the fireworks above tree level, but being closer to the action would be much better.

Oakland, California
13. Re: South Tahoe Fireworks vs. other lake fireworks and where to?

Check out Tahoe Beach and Ski resort. They have a private beach right on the lake. All you do is walk from your room right there. AWESOME!!!

Reply to: South Tahoe Fireworks vs. other lake fireworks and where to?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted