We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Timber Lodge

Which South Lake Tahoe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 3
Marriott Timber Lodge

Hi all,

Looking at staying at the Marriott Timber Lodge - read lots of good reviews - we are family of 4 travelling states in Dec/Jan 14 and want to go skiing. One bedroom can accommodate all of us but just wondering if anyone has used the sofa beds and what are they like? Kids are early teens and won't mind sharing for a week but do want them to get some sleep after skiing all day. Realise there are 2 brms, but on a 6 week holiday, we need to consider budget. Thanks!

Malahide, Ireland
reviews: 2
1. Re: Marriott Timber Lodge

I have been here often and the sofa bed is what I would consider just normal. Not good or bad. You can always ask for a roll away too. My only concern would be that this is in the main area, including, door to hallway, dining and the kitchen so if people are sleeping here, it can be a bit difficult for sleep/privacy.

It is a great place to stay with Gondola access but not my favorite ski area around Tahoe, especially for snowboarding. Heavenly (Now Vail Corp) must do a great marketing job as there are always loads of EU people there and very little at other places. I would recommend that although you can still stay here and enjoy South Lake Tahoe, plan on trying out a couple other ski areas such as Squaw, Alpine Meadows and/or Homewood. Both Northstar and Kirkwood are also owned by Vail so you may get a weekly pass for all but need to drive a bit. See www.onthesnow.com/lake-tahoe/ski-resorts.html for reviews.

Have fun.

Lincoln, California
reviews: 41
2. Re: Marriott Timber Lodge

We are a family of 4 and stay here a lot. We always get the 2 bedroom. We did the one bedroom one time, and it was tight.

reviews: 714
3. Re: Marriott Timber Lodge

Marriott Timber Lodge is a great place to stay.... enjoy your time in Tahoe! :)

4. Re: Marriott Timber Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 20, 2014