Would love to see Alcatraz, Sausilito Napa valley do some water activities in Tahoe (water ski/ raft/ fish) and see something of Yosemite but we only have 5 days and 6 nights.
1) Fly into San Francisco Airport.
2) Day one: Stay the night in San Francisco - preferably take BART into San Francisco or a shuttle (it depends how light you pack). If BART choose a hotel in Union Square area for 2 nights.
3) Day two: full day in San Francisco; see Alcatraz; take the ferry to Sausalito and back.
4) Day three: Rent a car in the morning and drive there by the afternoon - stay overnight in Yosemite Valley area (or nearby).*one night
5) Day Four: Yosemite; drive over Tioga Pass and up to Tahoe; stay overnight in Tahoe for 2 nights
6) Day Five: Tahoe Water Sports (hopefully the weather is nice for the day).
7) Day Six: Depart Tahoe by 8:00 so you can arrive in napa valley around 11:00; taste at 2 to 3 wineries; dinner at Napa; drive to San Francisco after dinner (note: You can also stay in Napa valley if you have the time ...not sure when your flight leaves again).
It will be a fast trip, and a lot will be in the car.....but it will give you a highlight tour of the area. You could decide to do less to enjoy the trip more....enjou planning your trip.