We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel in May with 10 mo old

Which South Lake Tahoe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, Ky
reviews: 15
Travel in May with 10 mo old

We're trying to plan a trip around May or June with my parents, my husband and I, and our 10 mo old. My parents enjoy gambling we do not, but we love to sightsee, hike, ect. SLT sounds like possibly a good fit for us. Are there any activities we could enjoy with baby? Is the water enjoyable this time of year? Possibly an overnight trip for dh and I to Yosemite. Thanks for your input!

reviews: 707
1. Re: Travel in May with 10 mo old

The Marriott Timber Lodge is a nice property to check out in South Lake Tahoe. :)

California
reviews: 12
2. Re: Travel in May with 10 mo old

The water is not going to be enjoyable in May but you may enjoy being on the beach in late June - the water temp and air temp will likely be too cool in June to really enjoy a dip in the cold lake. Beach weather is really around the 4th of July.

The lake temp average is about 50 degrees so it has to be pretty warm out before you will be forced in. When the air temp reaches into the 80s it is warm enough to enjoy a swim since at that altitude it feels quite warm.

You should be able to hike, bike and do other sightseeing.

If you want to do an overnight in Yosemite that is possible and is best from Tahoe when Tioga Pass is open. June has better odds on Tioga Pass being open.

South Lake Tahoe...
3. Re: Travel in May with 10 mo old

The Tahoe Chalet (530-544-3311) has some great Family Suites. Could accommodate parents and you guys separately each in two queen bedded accommodations. As far as activities; the hiking could not be better. There are so many day hikes it's hard to begin. Just check w/Peter at the Chalet and he'll guide you on where to go.

Take care

4. Re: Travel in May with 10 mo old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, April 24, 2013
5. Re: Travel in May with 10 mo old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about South Lake Tahoe