We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tahoe in summer with children

Which South Lake Tahoe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Peak District...
reviews: 17
Tahoe in summer with children

We are planning 3 nights around lake tahoe next August with 3 children as part of California road trip. We have never been to US before. Where would be the best location for us, we want lakeside beach, some walking, some relaxing, Some nice restaurants. A fun activity, thinking truckee river rafting? So far I've looked at squaw valley village or Marriott south Lake Tahoe. Any other suggestions to sleep 5?

11. Re: Tahoe in summer with children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, April 24, 2013
Pordenone, Italy
reviews: 98
12. Re: Tahoe in summer with children

I am also planning to spend one week at SLT since we have one week certificate at Marriott's Timber Lodge (we had requested the GRC as a first choice but it was not available). Our son will be 4-and-a-half at the time of the trip.

How long would it be to go to Yosemite from SLT?

San Jose, California
reviews: 7
13. Re: Tahoe in summer with children

Sand Harbor, near Incline Village is the best beach on the lake, kids will love it. Another big vote for Squaw Valley, my kids love it.

Drive from YNP to either North or South shore isn't too much difference, I would not make that a deciding factor. North lake is better for kids IMO.

14. Re: Tahoe in summer with children

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, May 08, 2013
Edited: 6:35 pm, May 08, 2013
15. Re: Tahoe in summer with children

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, May 10, 2014