We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to avoid road construction

Which South Lake Tahoe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 2
Trying to avoid road construction

I hope someone can shed some light on the route from Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe. I wanted to see the Bridgeport covered bridge and then take hwy 80 to 89 into South Lake Tahoe. But I've been reading about all the road construction on those hwys. Is there anyway around this? I know I can always take hwy 50. My husband & I will be coming from Sacramento Aug. 2 in the morning. Thanks so much.

San Jose, California
reviews: 8
1. Re: Trying to avoid road construction

The road construction isn't that bad, trying to avoid it will take longer.

San Jose, California
reviews: 8
2. Re: Trying to avoid road construction

The road construction isn't that bad, trying to avoid it will take longer.

Near Yosemite...
reviews: 6
3. Re: Trying to avoid road construction

You can plan on up to a 45 minute delay on I-80. I don't think the 89 delay is as long.

California
reviews: 2
4. Re: Trying to avoid road construction

Thank you for the info. My husband has a bad back and doesn't mind driving but usually after about an hour he needs to rest. I've planned stops for that but needed to know about the road construction. Again thank you so much.

Dublin, California
reviews: 29
5. Re: Trying to avoid road construction

You can check road and traffic conditions here:

http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads.cgi

Near Yosemite...
reviews: 6
6. Re: Trying to avoid road construction

There are CalTrans rest stops at Gold Run and also at Donner Summit. These are both fairly new with clean restrooms.

7. Re: Trying to avoid road construction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 31, 2013