We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harrah's Buffet

Which South Lake Tahoe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis, MN
reviews: 3
Harrah's Buffet

I've seen some excellent reviews of the buffet at Harrah's but $30 is a little out of my price range. I went to the Harrah's website and they mentioned a lower price - Sunday - Thursday: $19.99 adult .

Han anyone gone to this buffet? Was the food the same? Was it $20/person?

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 1,938
1. Re: Harrah's Buffet

Week day buffets might not have some of the speciality items of the week-end but in general, the food is still good any day of the week. We have done both. For example, on Fridays, they will still tend to have more fish dishes than on other days of the week. And as such, many prefer Friday night buffet over others.

I also find that there seems to be a bit more variety in desserts on the weekends. But other than that - I would say it is still good to go any day of the week, especially given the price difference.

Be sure to go prior to sunset for the views of Lake Tahoe. Part of the reason for the higher prices on the week-end is just that - its a weekend and its popular to go to. During the week, they are just trying to get people to come (however during the summer they usually do so be prepared for a line wait.)

To get more of a flavor for the place, I would go to YELP and read the reviews there. You'll come away with a good idea based on the collective inputs there....

www.yelp.com/biz/forest-buffet-stateline

Edited: 9:35 pm, July 10, 2012
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
2. Re: Harrah's Buffet

The Seafood is a disappointment compared to years past when Harvey's had the famous Friday Seafood Buffet with Lobster. All they have at Harraha's is cold crab legs and peel and eat shrimp, maybe some cooked cod or filet of sole.

The salad bar is really good, the Prime Rib is fine, carved to taste with the usual that goes with it. All the pizza you can eat, Asian section. Desserts are plentiful. It's worth $20 for the view alone at sunset.

Lines are long, so make reservations if you can.

Minneapolis, MN
3. Re: Harrah's Buffet

i am not really a seafood fan. I remember lobster from my youth but I haven't had any since then. Well, I shouldn't say that. I have had "lobster" at least 3 times on some Carnival cruises but it has always been mushy as if it sat in water for hours after being cooked. Then there was the time at Epcot Food & Wine Festival where they had Lobster roll that cost $6.50 (the other samplings cost $3.75) - they served me a seafood salad on a bun with minuscule pieces of what may have been lobster. Well, enough of my lobster stories. I really like Prime Rib though and Pizza, Pizza, Pizza!!

Twin Bridges...
4. Re: Harrah's Buffet

My son and family were there last Friday and he was extremely disappointed in the "Seafood Buffet". He remembers going as a child and says its just not the same and definitely not worth the money.

new jersey
reviews: 49
5. Re: Harrah's Buffet

We just got back from Lake Tahoe and went to the Harrah's Buffet on a Thursday evening - it was $19.99. We were a little disappointed in the food choices but the price and the view were definitely worth it. Plus, we ended up doing a little gambliing after dinner before returning to our rental home on Lake Tahoe. A fun evening. As another reviewer mentioned, the prime rib is good. There is a mexican section, a chinese section, an Italian section (pizza/pasta), a salad bar (I enjoyed the carrot/raisin salad) - pull 'n peel shrimp were overdone and tasteless unfortunately. The dessert bar looks wonderful - the tres leche cake was very good but the macaroons were not. There's always soft serve ice cream to save the day - I like it with warm fruit crisp. There was not really a lot of seafood and I don't think it is advertised as a "seafood" buffet.

Minneapolis, MN
6. Re: Harrah's Buffet

Thanks for the information.

Were you disappointed in the food choices because (a) there weren't enough of them or (b) the choices weren't very good?

I would probably go for the Prime Rib and as I said I really don't care about seafood.

Thanks again for the info and for telling me what the price was.

new jersey
reviews: 49
7. Re: Harrah's Buffet

We live in NJ and have been to the Harrah's Buffet in Atlantic City. The buffet in AC is wonderful and I guess we were expecting the same in Lake Tahoe. The food is adequate and some of the choices are good - the other couples that we were with seemed to enjoy their meals. It is truly a matter of taste and opinion. As I said, the prime rib is good and there are a lot of other choices just nothing seemed to appeal to me (maybe I was being very picky that evening). The price is definitely worth it and I'm sure you will find something that you would enjoy. Happy travels!

8. Re: Harrah's Buffet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 19, 2013