We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free folded map of Lake Tahoe or California or Nevada?

Which South Lake Tahoe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis, MN
reviews: 3
Free folded map of Lake Tahoe or California or Nevada?

Where can I get a free folded map of Lake Tahoe or California or Nevada before I get there (or when I fly into Reno, Nevada)? My printer doesn't have the resolution I want to print one out?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
1. Re: Free folded map of Lake Tahoe or California or Nevada?

I guess you are not a member of AAA? They have wonderful free maps...if you aren't a member .you might be able to pay them, I think all offices carry them. I don't know if the maps are just for members, which I believe, for the basic road service, is $57/yr.

Otherwise, you can get them in Reno. Often chain drug stores carry local maps. We used to be able to get them at service stations....i haven't noticed if that is still the case.

Edited: 1:28 pm, July 09, 2012
LA
Destination Expert
for Kohala Coast, Island of Hawaii
reviews: 1
2. Re: Free folded map of Lake Tahoe or California or Nevada?

Writing to one of the tourist bureaus in Reno, Lake Tahoe, or Sacramento could certainly produce a free map.

Minneapolis, MN
3. Re: Free folded map of Lake Tahoe or California or Nevada?

I never thought about AAA. I am a member and will try them first. otherwise, I will try one of the tourist bureaus. Thanks for the suggestions.

Dublin, California
reviews: 30
4. Re: Free folded map of Lake Tahoe or California or Nevada?

AAA is your best bet. Tourist bureaus give very simple maps.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
reviews: 5
5. Re: Free folded map of Lake Tahoe or California or Nevada?

Your AAA office will (or should) have maps from all over. In my opinion, they are the best maps for traveling . For California they have a map of the whole state and then more detailed ones for each section and the major cities. Do try them.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
6. Re: Free folded map of Lake Tahoe or California or Nevada?

We have our maps from AAA, however, when we arrive at Reno Airport, I grab a handfull of maps and brochures from the shelves in baggage claim. There are coupons around the outside of the LT map, good for activities and restaurants.

Minneapolis, MN
7. Re: Free folded map of Lake Tahoe or California or Nevada?

What does LT stand for?

Dublin, California
reviews: 30
8. Re: Free folded map of Lake Tahoe or California or Nevada?

LT = Lake Tahoe.

Minneapolis, MN
9. Re: Free folded map of Lake Tahoe or California or Nevada?

Just called AAA. They are sending me the maps, CA,Nevada, Lake Tahoe-Reno by mail. Thanks for the suggestion.

Finally I get something for the money I pay them every year. I have a 2004 Subaru and nothing ever goes wrong with it but I still keep my roadside assistance just in case. Thinking about it, I have used it twice in Orlando - one time for locking my keys inside and one time for a rental car dead battery. So I guess it does come in handy.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
10. Re: Free folded map of Lake Tahoe or California or Nevada?

Half the fun of traveling is looking at maps and planning your trip. You'll have a great time.

Get answers to your questions about South Lake Tahoe