We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback riding along lake??

Which South Lake Tahoe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
Horseback riding along lake??

Hi

We are staying in South Lake Tahoe (Marriott) this summer. I wanted to do a short horseback ride. I believe there are 2 stables in the area - but it looks like they ride into the hills, away from the lake. I thought once I read a post about an area where the ride went along the lake, but I cant find that now. Is there a place where the horses go along the water?? Im guessing that must be in another area of the Lake. If not, which of the two stables in the south area would be best for nice scenery for just a SHORT one hour ride??

Thanks so much for any advice

Near Yosemite...
reviews: 6
1. Re: Horseback riding along lake??

I think I remember someone reporting taking a hay wagon trip along the shore from Camp Richardson. ?? Not sure.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
2. Re: Horseback riding along lake??

Our family goes horseback riding every July and have done both locations. I don't remember ever horses along the lake, some of the lakefront is private land.

Our favorite, and where we are going this week is Alpine Meadows, as we like going into the hills. The other, being closer to SLT is busier.

3. Re: Horseback riding along lake??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:45 pm, July 09, 2013