We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What was going on Sun, 6/10 at Camp Richardson???

Which South Lake Tahoe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ATLANTA
reviews: 75
What was going on Sun, 6/10 at Camp Richardson???

I went by there on the way to Eagle Lake and people were everywhere and many were dressed in what appeared to be 14th or 15th Century costumes. I'd appreciate any insight or link and what they celebrate or believe.

Kent

Lassen National...
reviews: 11
1. Re: What was going on Sun, 6/10 at Camp Richardson???

Hmm. A gentleman I know here was going to Camp Richardson this week with friends & family-- 120 something people. If he's back on Monday I'll ask him if they dressed up.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 13
2. Re: What was going on Sun, 6/10 at Camp Richardson???

An Internet search shows it was the Valhalla Renaissance Faire

tahoebonanza.com/article/…120539980

Edited: 9:06 pm, June 10, 2012
ATLANTA
reviews: 75
3. Re: What was going on Sun, 6/10 at Camp Richardson???

Thanks. No more replies necessary.

Kent

Reno, Nevada
reviews: 21
4. Re: What was going on Sun, 6/10 at Camp Richardson???

It was the Valhalla Renaissance Faire. It's two weekends, usually the 1st and 2nd weekends of the month of June. People are encouraged (though not required) to dress in the garb of the 16th century. There are many liberties taken with costumes, to be sure! The 1st weekend is geared toward families, and the 2nd weekend, toward pirates and barbarians. They have vendors who sell costume clothing, accessories, and weaponry, as well as jewelry, gifts, and musical recordings of period instruments. There are performers who wander the fair, as well as stage performances. Also, there is contemporary food for sale, and a jousting tournament and exhibits of period fighting. Their website is www.valhallafaire.com for more information. Gate proceeds go to local charity and also canned goods that attendees bring in.

5. Re: What was going on Sun, 6/10 at Camp Richardson???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about South Lake Tahoe