We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Rentals in South Lake Tahoe

Which South Lake Tahoe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arizona
reviews: 68
Boat Rentals in South Lake Tahoe

Can anyone recommend the most reputable place to rent a power boat for a day on Lake Tahoe. There's so many too choose from, and not many reader reviews on boat rentals. Headed to Tahoe this weekend for one week of heaven! Thanks! ArizonaKeyWestBound

Edited: 9:33 am, August 15, 2011
LA
Destination Expert
for Kohala Coast, Island of Hawaii
reviews: 1
1. Re: Boat Rentals in South Lake Tahoe

Ski Run Boat Company at Ski Run Marina has reliable boat rentals.

Lake Tahoe, NV
reviews: 19
2. Re: Boat Rentals in South Lake Tahoe

As someone who refers multiple guests to boat rental companys all day, every day in the summer season I can honestly say that I have never recieved a valid complaint about any of the boat rental companies here at the lake.

However I will ask, what type of power boat are you looking at renting? Do you plan on wakeboarding/ water skiing, just sight seeing, etc? How many people? Where are you staying?

That way I can suggest a location that best fits your needs.

-Rich

Arizona
3. Re: Boat Rentals in South Lake Tahoe

Thanks for your response! We are staying in a home on the Lagoon in Tahoe Keys, South Lake Tahoe. We'd like to rent a powerboat (21' to 25') for pleasure (no skiing or wake boards), or perhaps even just a pontoon boat, and it's just two mature adults. I've read some poor reviews on this site for Tahoe Keys Marina; good reviews for Tahoe City Marina, but that's a bit far from where we're staying. Any suggestions you might have would be most appreciated. Thanks again. ArizonaKeyWestBound

Lake Tahoe, NV
4. Re: Boat Rentals in South Lake Tahoe

If you staying in the Tahoe Keys, it would make perfect sense to rent from the Tahoe Keys Marina..

In my experience (check my tripadvisor profile), the folks at Tahoe Keys Marina do a wonderful job. The only complaints I have personally recieved are similar complaints to other marinas "I can't believe I was charged $$$ for a broken XXXX, I didn't break anything or hit anything." Well yes, you did break something and boats are expensive to fix.. It's like a rental car.. take the insurance!

So to make a long story short.. I have never recieved a legitimate complaint about Tahoe Keys.. nor any other marina for that matter.. just people that don't understand boats whining about things :)

If its just the two of you, you could rent their Reinell 185 which is their smallest boat for around $120 per hour.

A pontoon will run you $145 but I think you would do just fine in the Reinell 185.

Depending on where you are renting from, many agencies have some great coupons for them that knock 15% off.

Zephyr Cove Marina rents exclusively Sea Ray boats which are a little more high end..(Think of it as a car rental, your going to pay more for the Escalade than you are for the Nissan.) They range from $149 to $189 per hour. I can provide more details on what they offer if that is more of what you are looking for.

Once again, it all depends on what you are looking for and what your budget affords.

-Rich

Arizona
5. Re: Boat Rentals in South Lake Tahoe

Thanks for all your input Rich. I can do the research from here now that I have your feedback. We are experienced boaters....we run a 25' Daytona Eliminator Tunnel Hull on Lake Havasu here in Arizona. We don't know your lake, but we know how to safely operate a boat. Thanks again! ArizonaKeyWestBound

Lake Tahoe, NV
6. Re: Boat Rentals in South Lake Tahoe

No worries.. Glad to hear your experienced.. You will have no problems whatsoever. Most issues I was referring to were folks destroying a prop trying to get in too close to shore.. or not navigating the channel into Emerald Bay.

7. Re: Boat Rentals in South Lake Tahoe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 10, 2012