We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From PC to Boca Brava

Which Boca Chica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aalborg, Denmark
From PC to Boca Brava

Hi, pls help with transport advice between PC and Boca Brava.

Is it possible to get off the bus on the highway and take a local bus or taxi to Boca Chica/Boca Brava? The bus schedule says we have to go all the way to David and then back to a small town called Horconcitos.

Appreciate any help on this topic.

2 replies to this topic
Isla de Margarita
reviews: 27
1. Re: From PC to Boca Brava

You can just get off the bus 40 kms. before David at Horconcitos and take a taxi ($15) or hitch a ride into the pier at Boca Chica.

If you are on a budget and cannot do the $15 taxi-here is not a whole lot of traffic on the Horconcitos-Boca Chica road but give yourself time and its doable but I would try to avoid arriving at the Horconcitos turn-off late in the day.

Locals are really good about picking people up on that road.

If you are staying at Hotel Boca Chica e-mail Brad or Kelly and ask them about transport.

Hotel Boca Brava:

hotelbocabrava@yahoo.com

http://www.hotelbocabrava.com

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 80
2. Re: From PC to Boca Brava

Being able to get your point across with the bus driver is going to be the biggie (unless you speak Spanish). I suggest you write down the name of the place you want to be dropped off and give it to the bus driver when you get on. Sit

close to the front of the bus so the driver sees you and remembers.

I think you will have no problem then with the drop off.

We took buses all over Panama when we first came to visit years ago. It was a great way to get around. (NOT the Panama City buses, however....avoid those as they will be impossible to figure how to do that unless you speak Spanish)

Good luck.

Reply to: From PC to Boca Brava
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Boca Chica
More Boca Chica Topics