We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do....

London
reviews: 6
Things to do....

Hi there,

we are renting a house for a week in July for a family holiday in St Dlair de Halouze (which I believe is between Flers and Domfront) and are looking for tips for things to do in the area.

We already figured out the next supermarket is going to be in Flers, but wondering if someone could recommend a market in the area as well? Also looking for tips for days out, what to see that isn't too far away (an hour's drive max).

We are probably not going to go out for dinner or lunch, hoping for nice weather and will probably have plenty of BBQs.

I am also wondering if there is anywhere to rent bicycles for a day or a week in the area, a couple of us would quite like to have a look around the area on bikes, but we won't have space in the car to take them with us.

And lastly, I hear there is a lot of fishing to be done in the area... A couple in our party would quite like to try their luck at providing dinner for an evening, so wondering if there is anywhere you can rent fishing rods and where the nicest places to fish are.

1 reply
St Louet sur Vire...
Destination Expert
for Bayeux
reviews: 19
1. Re: Things to do....

You've got Mont St Michel, Mortain, Caen and the area south of Caen and north of Flers known as the Suisse normande, which is a very pretty area of vallies, hills and rivers where I'm sure you'll find plenty of fishing. BTW you need a licence to fish which is valid for 15 days and you can get them from most fishing tackle shops or tabacs. There is also a lot of cycling and canoeing in the Suisse normande so I'm sure you'll find places to hire bikes. Closer to your gits is Bagnoles de l'Orne which is a lovely old spa town with a lake and again I think you will find bike hire places. They also have an outdoor swimming pool and tennis courts.

Reply to: Things to do....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Orne
Recent Conversations