We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calahonda or Riviera del Sol

Aberdeen
reviews: 12
Calahonda or Riviera del Sol

Still trying to find a private rental for a family of four for a golf break in October. Been offered lovely accommodation in Cascadas de Calahonda. Is this too far out for us? Not worried about getting taxis for the odd meal out at night and will probably have to hire a car for the golf anyway, but would be nice to be able to walk to a shop for a paper etc, will I feel safe up there on my own whilst boys are away golfing? Waiting to hear back about another in Riviera del Sol, apartment is not so stunning but is this location more sensible for us? Any help appreciated I am reading too much and never going to get booked at this rate.

1. Re: Calahonda or Riviera del Sol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:34 am, October 30, 2012
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 60
2. Re: Calahonda or Riviera del Sol

Agree with Suncoaster, Cascadas is up in the hills and a long, long walk from the main bars and shops of the Calahonda area. Have you looked at any other resorts/complexes in the area? It might be worth having a look at places nearer the centre of Calahonda. There are a couple of timeshare resorts which also do some rentals - Crown Resorts - Club Calahonda and Club Marbella (we own at Club Marbella but prefer Club Calahonda), La Siesta - don't know much about it but there are people on Owners Direct and Holiday Lettings who own there. Also MacDonald's Resorts - Dona Lola and Leila Playa are all near to the centre of Calahonda.

Here are a couple of useful websites:

www.calahondaeuc.com/historia_eng.php?p=1

http://www.rivieradelsol.co.uk/

http://www.calahonda-information.com/

Aberdeen
3. Re: Calahonda or Riviera del Sol

Thank you both for your help, I don't have an address for the one in riviera and still haven't heard if its available anyway, but it does say its walking distance. I have just been looking at private rentals as we really want a home from home as have already had a hotel AI holiday this year. I shall look at the places you have suggested.

4. Re: Calahonda or Riviera del Sol

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, August 31, 2012
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
5. Re: Calahonda or Riviera del Sol

Liz, you've put this up so it will be classed as advertising by Trip Advisor and will be deleted by the moderators.

Aberdeen
6. Re: Calahonda or Riviera del Sol

Thanks I have noted it down incase it's deleted.

7. Re: Calahonda or Riviera del Sol

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:34 am, October 30, 2012
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
8. Re: Calahonda or Riviera del Sol

According to your profile you've been a member since 2007 but I suppose as it was your first post it could be forgiven. ;)

Aberdeen
9. Re: Calahonda or Riviera del Sol

The other accommodation is at Calle Orion, 29649 Mijas Costa. I have been searching the Mijas area cos I thought it was central as we are going for golf. I was recommended La Cala as a good base for golf, but the more I look, I get the impression these places are all very close to each other. We were preferring a home from home type accommodation for this trip and not a hotel type.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
10. Re: Calahonda or Riviera del Sol

If you want home from home you would need a villa I think but they are much more expensive and generally further into the hills. La Cala is a lovely place, it is not far from Calahonda but it has a twice weekly market, a beautiful beach and lots of bars, restaurants and supermarkets, local shops and its a place we visit when we are in Calahonda for at least one of the market days (Wednesdays and Saturdays).

There is a complex there called La Mimosas which you could look for on the lettings sites and I'm sure there is a review on TA if you do a search for it. There are also some lovely apartments that are on the sites in Puerto Cabopino - great marina, lovely beach and lots of bars and restaurants - nearest supermarket a short drive away.

Get answers to your questions about Sitio de Calahonda