We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 4
Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

We are going to the Bocelli concert on 12 July 2012 and wondered where is the best place to stay for 4 nights. Would we be better staying in Lajatico itself or the surrounding areas (Volterra etc)? My husband and I are travelling with my elderly (but able) parents but we dont want to drive to the concert (although we will have a car for our duration in Tuscany). Reading some other posts we wondered how long it takes to get a shuttle to and from the concert if we were to stay in one of the surrounding areas so thought staying Lajatico itself would solve this. But then again would we would be able to walk to the concert if we stay in Lajatico or it is out in the middle of nowhere? Any advice would be much appreciated.

18 replies to this topic
Rome, Italy
1. Re: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

The Teatro del Silenzio, as the name explains, is not in the center of Lajatico, but something less a mile out of the village. The parking areas, also are not really close to the place, just for maintain the silent charm of the location. The Organisation provide logistic plan for the disable people and I suggest you for any more information to contact: info@teatrodel silenzio.it

Cornwall
reviews: 4
2. Re: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

Just to add to the post above, last time we went was about four years ago but the track to the venue is rough and quite steep and so ladies beware high heels. However, I have to say that the Italian ladies do the walk in four inch heels without apparent problem.

The concert then was sensational!

Knutsford, United...
reviews: 24
3. Re: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

We have just been to the 2012 concert which was amazing, thought I might share some tips.

Arrive early, the parking is very well organised , either at a park and ride with free shuttle buses or nearer the venue which had very large traffic queues .

It is quite a walk from the bus drop off point and the last bit is very stony and steep, be careful what you wear on your feet.

Take a picnic with you and take in the magnificent views, alcohol is allowed.

It does get chilly when the sun goes down so take a cardigan/ sweater.

We waited about 20 mins for a shuttle bus to take us back to the park and ride but it wasn't a problem , there are lots of buses but there are lots if people !

Have a great time

Royal Tunbridge...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

We went to this year's concert and it was extremely well organised.

However, we were a bit disappointed with the content. Not with Andrea Bocelli but with the choreography which seemed quite amateurish and unnecessary in places.

uk
reviews: 8
5. Re: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

hi there

hope you dont mind me emailing you, i have booked tickets to the bocelli conert for this year and as you have been last year i was wondering if you could help me. We are planning on driving to lajatica but i have heard that they stop you from taking your car so far in and you have to take a shutte bus? Was there alot of transport ? did you have to book in advace and was the travelling OK? sorry to ask you all these questions but your help would be very much appreciated

Thanks very much for your help Nicky Scotland

Knutsford, United...
6. Re: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

We drove to the concert , if you get there early they do direct you to the park and ride but it was not a problem at all. We parked in a field and there were plenty of buses all free of charge. You don't have to book the transport, one tip though , take a torch , when you back back to your car it is dark and you have to find your car !!

I think if we had arrived later we would have been able to park nearer the teatro but the traffic queues were huge, we could see them coming though the fields while we were sat waiting for the concert.

The shuttle buses are very well organised, hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Trumbull...
reviews: 74
7. Re: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

Ciao

I am also going to the concert for the first time. I hope I got this right, if you go early, you can park in the lot near the stage and if not you have to take the shuttle. My question is, which is better to do, the lot or the shuttle. Also, where do you pick up the shuttle. Lastly, where do you pick up the tickets, our banks here wanted too much to wire the money for shipping so I elected to pick them up the afternoon before the performance.

Knutsford, United...
8. Re: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

I would say the shuttle is better, that is also where a lot of people seem to be picking up their tickets as well.

We had already got our tickets by post.

You will get details about where the shuttle is, from what I remember it was at la stanza , we got there quite early and there was no queues for ticket collection or for the buses.

If you get there later they open up the road which takes you to the theatre but the traffic queues were very long and I'm not sure whether you will be able to pick your tickets up from there.

It really is very well organised, we stayed in volterra and it was about a 15-20 min drive away.

Trumbull...
reviews: 74
9. Re: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

Do you know where they give you the tickets. Is it La Sterza where SS439 and SP45 meet? There is a Bar on the corner called Da Nella di Corino next to a small dirt parking lot. (seen on google maps) Is that where you get the shuttle, the parking lot on google maps doesn't seem big enough.

Knutsford, United...
10. Re: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert

Yes that sounds right, it was in front of a hotel, it was literally a field that was the car park and the buses were waiting for you, the ticket booth was a little cabin just near the buses.

Reply to: Lajatico or Surrounding Area for Bocelli Concert
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted