We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge and Beach Club in Westpunt

Which Sabana Westpunt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
Level Contributor
372 posts
Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge and Beach Club in Westpunt

I was thinking about staying at Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge and Beach Club in Westpunt but after emailing them a few times and not getting a response, I think I should look elsewhere.

The emails I sent were very short and polite. Sometimes I just asked for a phone number to contact them. I know their phone number is easily found but I was wondering what type of customer response they had.

Other times I just asked if there was a charge for parking.

Where else should I consider in Westpunt? I'm only looking for someplace clean and safe, preferably with a kitchenette.

I will be traveling solo.

Thanks.

Curacao
Level Contributor
808 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge and Beach Club in Westpunt

We have neighbors with studio apartments over the water. check out Harry and Murta at http://www.chamba-curacao.nl/eng/

They are 3 doors down from us and a quarter mile from the Lodge.

There are other privately owned places and smaller places with apartments as well. (West Hill Bungalows, Nos Kruseros, all west Apartments)

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
86 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge and Beach Club in Westpunt

Check out VRBO for rentals in that area. We're staying at Marazul Dive resort & I had no issues with getting responses to my emails or questions. Units are like a condo & I thought very reasonable rates. there is a pool on site & (from what I'm being told) a restaurant next door.

Curacao
Level Contributor
808 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge and Beach Club in Westpunt

Sorry, Marazulers.... forgot to add it to the list....

Iowa
Level Contributor
372 posts
4. Re: Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge and Beach Club in Westpunt

Thanks for the suggestions.

Is air conditioned lodging common on the west end of the island? I've started to look at a few places and they didn't have air conditioning. Maybe it's not even necessary...

Curacao
Level Contributor
808 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge and Beach Club in Westpunt

We only air condition the bedrooms. All of the places I mentioned and Marazul have airconditioning. Some places (but not all) have a surcharge if you use an excess of power. If you only use the airco at night most do not reach the limit.

Edited: 2:16 pm, November 16, 2012
Iowa
Level Contributor
372 posts
6. Re: Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge and Beach Club in Westpunt

Oh, I didn't know that Chamba apartments had air conditioning. I didn't see it mentioned on their website so I had assumed they didn't have it.

Iowa
Level Contributor
372 posts
7. Re: Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge and Beach Club in Westpunt

Of the places mentioned above, is it likely that they will be booked full during the high season in late January if I wait to book until I arrive?

Curacao
Level Contributor
808 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge and Beach Club in Westpunt

There are other places in Westpunt (as well as in Lagun); Rancho Sobrino, Blue View apartments and many privately owned units. I'm sure you'll be able to find something even if you decide to "wing it".

9. Re: Sandton Kura Hulanda Lodge and Beach Club in Westpunt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, January 12, 2014