We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marazul Dive Resort-anyone stayed there?

Which Sabana Westpunt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
reviews: 12
Marazul Dive Resort-anyone stayed there?

Planning a week the end of February & want to stay in Westpunt away from the city. Will rent a car so no problem there. Woud like to hear from anyone who has stayed at this property. Specifically info/suggestions on restaurants for dinner. We plan to eat breakfast & lunch in the house. Any grocery stores nearby or should we stop on our way from the airport? Any other suggestions on the best snorkeling/beaches appreciated, too.

Thanks!

London
1. Re: Marazul Dive Resort-anyone stayed there?

Hi BeachLovers9

If you haven't seen it already, my report trip from our stay a few weeks ago will help answer nearly all your questions :)

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g147277-i583-k57…

The beach nearest to Marazul, Playa Forti didn't look much and we never went there. Playa Kalki, next to Kula Hulanda was lovely but fairly compact. Grote Knip was nice but there wasn't a lot of shade and it was a bit scruffy around the edges (literally, as litter seems to gather at the sides and back). We preferred Kleine Knip as it was quieter and the snorkelling was better there than at Grote Knip. The other beach we did, Cas Abou was not just the nicest beach and facilities-wise but was also actually the best for snorkelling we thought.

MEXICO BEACH...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Marazul Dive Resort-anyone stayed there?

We will be there for 3 weeks beginning next Wednesday. Should be able to answer any questions you might have after that.

Cape May Court...
reviews: 21
3. Re: Marazul Dive Resort-anyone stayed there?

Lagun has a great beach for snorlkeling

Pennsylvania
4. Re: Marazul Dive Resort-anyone stayed there?

thanks for the input on the beaches. My husband is the snorkler in our group so I'm sure we'll check out several beaches. Looking forward to reading your review, MS&KH. I'll try to remember to send you a message with questions.

Geneva, Switzerland
reviews: 3
5. Re: Marazul Dive Resort-anyone stayed there?

Hello. I just letf the marazul and during our stay we found useful some tips that the owner of the restaurant soul food gave us. This is the link www.curacaosunshine.com/pages/curacao.htm

On the right there are 3 links, the first is all about beaches, snorkeling and direction. I also reccomend to go to the restaurant for dinner at the sunshine time (pizza is a must) and ask them the print version (more complete). Actually we used it more than the map!

I'm sure that your stay will be awsome!

Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
reviews: 74
6. Re: Marazul Dive Resort-anyone stayed there?

Definitely check out Playa Porto Marie for snorkelling. We liked it better than Cas Abou. The restaurant there is also good. Can't beat the view.

I think Sol Food is only open on weekends.

There is a great dive and drive map that we got from avis.

The Centrum supermarket has a huge selection and is near the rotary - I am not sure you go by it on the way from the airport to Westpunt, it would mean a short detour.

Have a great time!

Pennsylvania
7. Re: Marazul Dive Resort-anyone stayed there?

Thanks for the suggestions. Really looking forward to the trip & seeing the island. I'll check out the website listed above.

Crownsville...
8. Re: Marazul Dive Resort-anyone stayed there?

We are leaving on Dec 29th for 10 days, this is our 3rd trip and our second to Marazul, we love it there. For your groceries either stop at centrum on the way in or there is another store not to far down the road that has a lot of items, about 20 mins. The resort is really laid back and a great place to relax, not a lot of noise or things going on. Don't worry if you have a car and a sense of direction and can follow a map you will be fine. Have fun!!

Crownsville...
9. Re: Marazul Dive Resort-anyone stayed there?

We are leaving on Dec 29th for 10 days, this is our 3rd trip and our second to Marazul, we love it there. For your groceries either stop at centrum on the way in or there is another store not to far down the road that has a lot of items, about 20 mins. The resort is really laid back and a great place to relax, not a lot of noise or things going on. Don't worry if you have a car and a sense of direction and can follow a map you will be fine. Have fun!!

San Francisco
reviews: 13
10. Re: Marazul Dive Resort-anyone stayed there?

We just returned from 11 days at Marazul, units E1 and E2. We are a family of four scuba divers and had done all of our diving via boat. This was a HUGE treat to have stairs to the reef just outside the front door. The units are basic but perfect for the beach. The floors, including the floors on the terraces, do get slippery when wet, so make sure to keep a towel close by. If you provision on the way in at Centrum, you'll be golden. We brought our own coffee and some spices. You can get a number of provisions at the market in Barber, but they don't have diet coke. Read the food labels, too-the Island has a serious sweet tooth :) Anyway, Marazul will feel like home after about five minutes. Do be aware that the only hot water is in the showers, bring quarters if you want to do laundry, and remember it's the islands-don't run multiple appliances simultaneously. And bring Ultrathon for mosquitoes. If you go to Landhuis Misje--and you should!- tell Anton that Medea says hi-we had dinner there five nights. Also the food at Playa Lagun is excellent, as is the snorkeling. Sol Food got mixed reviews from our party-the kids thought the pizza was not great. My veggie pizza was just fine, the other three adults were unimpressed. But the vibe was warm and friendly. If you head south to see the flamingoes at "Williworld" make sure to drive in to Coral Cove and down to the dive shop/Karikter. The food there was delicious and the snorkeling looked promising-we were there for lunch but lots of people were in the water. If you decide to climb Mt. Cristoffel, be aware it is more a technical climb than an hike. Take a lot of water. The last 10 minutes or so literally requires four limbs to scale but it's totally worth it. Have a blast--i can't wait to go back!