We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lagun Blou vs Marazul Dive Resort

Which Sabana Westpunt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Lagun Blou vs Marazul Dive Resort

Any recommendations or preferences between staying at Lagun Blou or Marazul Dive Resort? We have two kids and are just looking for a quite but fun time. Lagun Beach looks much nicer than Playa Forti beach which is close to Marazul. Any opinions? Thanks.

Silver Spring, MD...
reviews: 44
1. Re: Lagun Blou vs Marazul Dive Resort

Hi. I'm kind of considering staying at either one or the other of the places you mentioned. However, I was thinking that Lagun Blou is near Lagun Beach, but that's not so. It is down by the Sea Aqaurium. Marazul is up near Westpunt, as are West Hill Bungalows. Just thought I'd mention this in case you didn't know - I didn't!

And to anyone who reads this, I was really hoping to spend a few nights somewhere along the upper western beach area - near Playa Lagun or thereabouts. Does anyone know if there's anything available up there? The closest things I could find to Lagun were Sunset Waters, which I think is now closed, and Habitat, which looks nice but is down south a ways. I'm looking for something a bit off the beaten path!

Long Island, NY
2. Re: Lagun Blou vs Marazul Dive Resort

Roothy, Lagun Blou is on a cliff/bluff directly above Playa Lagun beach on the road towards Westpunt. I was there today swimming and snorkeling on the first day of my vacation and the water was warm and the cove beautiful. I am staying at Flamingo Villa in Coral Estates but we saw guest of Lagun Blou coming and going from a set of stairs that lead directly from the apartments down to the beach. Also there were children of all ages enjoying the calm water. There is coral debris so water shoes are a good idea. I can't tell you anything about the resort itself but the beach is great.

Silver Spring, MD...
3. Re: Lagun Blou vs Marazul Dive Resort

Oh, thank you for this good news. I initially thought Lagun Blou was there, but then saw it listed on a map in a tourbook as being down by Spanish Water! I think I'll book, as I really like the idea of being in that area for 2 nights.

Since you're in Curacao now, could you answer a couple questions?

It the name pronounced Cure a sow or ker a sow? I thought the former, but then heard it pronounced the latter on 60 Minutes.

Do you have any food or snorkeling recommendations? I guess everyone loves Sol Food, so I definitely plan to go there, but I'm just curious to hear what you like. We don't necessarily want gourmet food, just good food (native or otherwise) and not too terribly expensive - although I realize it's not exactly an inexpensive place to visit!

Thanks again for the Lagun Blou info - greatly appreciated!

Silver Spring, MD...
4. Re: Lagun Blou vs Marazul Dive Resort

Well, now I'm really confused, as initially I thought it was there, but then saw something that incicated it wasn't. Maybe I just looked up an address, and it was a mailing address, or rental property address or something. I also think I saw something in a tourist book that had it on a map as being down towards Spanish Water, etc.

I am so happy to hear I was wrong! I was just about to book the place, then didn't - but I (hopefully) still have time to do that. I just want to be somewhere up in that area for a couple nights.

You wouldn't happen to have a recommendation for a car rental place, would you? I'm only planning to rent for 2 of my 5 days, but don't want to spend a fortune.

Also, any recommendations for where to eat? A lot of people seem to like Sol Food. Any recommendations for snorkeling?

Thanks for the info on Lagun Blou. You've made my day!

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 5
5. Re: Lagun Blou vs Marazul Dive Resort

We have spent the whole winter at Lagun Blou for the past 5 years and will return there this January after we return from Machu Picchu and the Galapagos.

Lagun Blou is at Playa Lagun. It is on the west end of the island on the road to Westpunt and Marazul.but on the East side of the cove.

It is a short 32 minute walk to the beach.

The people you saw coming down the stairs were either coming from Bahia or fro Lagun Ocean Resort. Bahia is an appartment complex overlooking the beach. Lagun Ocean Resort is similar to Lagun Blou but the buildings are a bit more chtramped together.

Although ewe prefer Lagun Blou (more space, quieter etc) all of these are good choices to enjoy one of the best areas on the island.

Marazul is also a good choice but distance to a lesser beach is farther than at Lagun.

Curacao
reviews: 2
6. Re: Lagun Blou vs Marazul Dive Resort

WA has made a typographical error. The walk from his condo to Lagun beach is 3 minutes even with Poke and his short little legs.

Edited: 6:46 pm, November 23, 2010
Silver Spring, MD...
7. Re: Lagun Blou vs Marazul Dive Resort

Thanks. I figured that 32 minutes was a typo!! I think I'm going to go with Lagun Blou, but I'll look up Bahia and Lagun Ocean Resort - although we only want to stay 2 days, which might not work at most places!

Long Island, NY
8. Re: Lagun Blou vs Marazul Dive Resort

Roothy - This is our 2nd full day here on the island so I can only advise based on that. We rented from National as they are located right at the airport and will didn't want to worry about our early morning return if we rented from an off-site company. We may have been able to get better rates if we had but National was recommended to us by the villa owners. The pick-up was very quick and hopefully the return is hassle-free. We rented a Kia 4dr automatic. I haven't seen too many 4x4's but we encountered some pretty significant potholes and flooding today making me wish I had one. We haven't eaten out yet but did hit 4 grocery stores. We arrived late Sunday and Centrum was preparing to close (5pm) so we grabbed a few things (pretty good selection) and headed to Oasis which had a limited selection. Early this morning we went to (my favorite so far) L'Esperamos and loaded up. Well stocked store. Then went to Cost-U Less which is similar to Price Club and Sam's Club but no membership required. Good for bulk items and I got some nice looking steak and chicken. Playa PortoMarie was beautiful with calm, clear water. The snorkeling was okay but I find I compare everything to Bonaire which was amazing. Sunday we flew into rain, Monday was sunny at Playa Lagun and today had some brief heavy showers but Playa PortoMarie had umbrellas which kept us & our things from getting soaked. Well, the cable is out and I missed Glee so will go and read. Hope I am helping..............!

9. Re: Lagun Blou vs Marazul Dive Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 23, 2011