We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer from airport

Which Gun Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
transfer from airport

Can you advise best mode of travel and cost for 2 adults from G.C. airport to Gun Bay

resort please ?

Many thanks.

Mike Scotland

13 replies to this topic
Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 65
1. Re: transfer from airport

Mike,

Are you not getting a rental car for your trip? Being out where you are, I think you'll need one, unless you are planning on staying in your accommodation for your whole stay.

So.. rental car would be my first pick, if you have one the whole week.

if not, then your choices are a bit limited - taxi is about the only effective way to go, since you will have luggage, and that should run you somewhere upwards of $65 US each way.

Glasgow, United...
2. Re: transfer from airport

Much obliged. Hoping to stay 5 nights New York then on to G.C. for 10 nights with my wife just to

chill out at resort on secluded east coast.

Macomb, Illinois
reviews: 26
3. Re: transfer from airport

What is the name of the "resort" you are staying at? Depending on where you are staying, you will most like HAVE to have a car to get to restaurants, grocery stores, etc.

Glasgow, United...
4. Re: transfer from airport

The Castaways hopefully.

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 42
5. Re: transfer from airport

You really need a car unless you plan to live like a hermit while you are there.

Just looked at their ad . . . everything is relative ... earth is a "short" trip from the moon if you are comparing the trip to Earth to Mars!!!!

just a short drive away from bustling George Town and Seven Mile Beach - See more at: www.castawayscayman.com/#sthash.XjPyaGer.dpuf

Edited: 7:06 pm, July 02, 2013
Macomb, Illinois
6. Re: transfer from airport

The Castaway Resort is actually a part of the Reef Resort on the East End – it is not located in Gun Bay. It is a great place to just "chill out."

There are a few restaurants nearby and a small grocery store and liquor store across the street. There is a an expensive shuttle from the airport that the Reef Concierge can arrange for you:

thereef.com/en/…askYourConcierge.html

Morritt’s Resort is next door, and they can also help arrange a shuttle:

http://www.morritts.com/airport-transfers/

I would strongly suggest getting a car so you can enjoy all that the North Side (and the rest of the island) has to offer (including other restaurants and larger grocery stores).

I would recommend McCurley’s – they will pick you up at the airport and drive you to the Resort where you will find your car waiting for you. They will also (included in the cost of the rental) transport you back to the airport when you leave. You can find info about McCurley’s here:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147365-d1…

Edited: 7:17 pm, July 02, 2013
Macomb, Illinois
7. Re: transfer from airport

I forgot to add that if you decide to take a shuttle, once you get to the Resort you can several options for renting a car for a day, days, or the remainder of your visit (McCurley's or the car rental ops located at the Reef and Morritts) if you change your mind.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 16
8. Re: transfer from airport

Tukka will pick people up who are staying at the East end resorts...there is also a nice Italian restaurant right across the street.....so if you really don't want to drive and just want to chill you could probably manage without a car. I think I heard that the resort also has some trips into town

Knoxville, Tennessee
reviews: 22
9. Re: transfer from airport

The Reef/Castaways does have some organized trips during the week to places like town, Camana Bay, and the botanical garden - all at an additional cost of course. They also have a trip to Sting Ray City on Wednesdays, if I remember correctly, and it includes transportation to Rum Point.where the boat leaves from. The Foster's Express across the street does provide basics but has limited selection. IF you plan on cooking it a lot you would be better off stopping at one of the Foster's (airport or Savannah) or Hurley's on the way to the East End. Not sure, but if you go thru McCurley's, they may make a grocery stop between the airport and the resort. Personally I would rent a car, unless you truly want to just veg at the resort.

Glasgow, United...
10. Re: transfer from airport

Thanks everyone...........you're all very informative.

Does sound like a great place ( car or no car ) just

totally unwind for a week or so.

Many thanks.

Reply to: transfer from airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gun Bay
Recent Conversations