We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Simply, Awesome...

Moorestown, New...
reviews: 90
Simply, Awesome...

Well, our trip to Grand Cayman last week was...

Incredible. So much fun, so beautiful...

I will be writing more soon, but some immediate gems:

• Morritts Tortuga was amazing. Great place, great staff, thank you Morritts for a better stay than i could ever imagine.

• Kurt's for food – the hidden (or not so hidden) gem. A fave

• Stingray city – water so clear and gorgeous it was surreal. I enjoyed this very very much.

And oh yeah, the weather? Every day was a washout forecast, and every single day was sunny blue sky island bliss. it was gorgeous.

Stay tuned!

I loved Grand Cayman!

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 41
1. Re: Simply, Awesome...

Me too!!! Thanks for sharing.

Moorestown, New...
reviews: 90
2. Re: Simply, Awesome...

Oh, and silly me. Thank you to all the helpful replies when I was poking around before the trip!

Very helpful! One other mention real fast... Tukka was out of this world. Holy smokes!

I'll be doing many favorable reviews on TA once I get my bearings! Nothing but good things to say about all of our Cayman adventures! Happy Islanding, my friends! Im an addict!

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 16
3. Re: Simply, Awesome...

glad to hear you've joined the rest of us who are Cayman Island lovers!

Plainfield, New...
4. Re: Simply, Awesome...

Would you suggest that I rent a car?

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 70
5. Re: Simply, Awesome...

Andyll, you're going to have to give us a little more information about your trip, like where you are staying, what you want to do while on the island, and how long you will be there - it's hard to generalise, otherwise. i would suggest you start a new thread with your question.

Plainfield, New...
6. Re: Simply, Awesome...

I will be staying on the East End at Morritt's. We will be there for a week. I probably want to visit a few beaches and definitely go to some different places to eat.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
reviews: 16
7. Re: Simply, Awesome...

Then definitely rent a car.

Plainfield, New...
8. Re: Simply, Awesome...

Thank you so much.

New Brunswick
reviews: 23
9. Re: Simply, Awesome...

Is it expensive to rent a car for a week? Also, I believe there is a store across from Morritt's, how expensive is food and liquor? Any help would be appreciated.

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 41
10. Re: Simply, Awesome...

Best to start a new thread . . . or even do a search. As far as the car goes your best bet is to look online at the different options for renting. Most often the general opinion seems to be that if you are staying on the EE you need a car. Taxis are hard to come by and expensive as there is not much in walking distance. Also the price to and from the airport will add up so if you rent a car at the airport you will save that. You can go to http://fosters-iga.com/fff/ to see actual prices, hours, etc. The prices are in CI and fixed against the US$. You should try to pick up some liquor at the duty free at the airport you are leaving from. Can't comment on what someone else thinks is "expensive" because I have no idea what the price is being compared to!

Get answers to your questions about East End