We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best month to visit Aug-Dec

Vancouver b.c.
reviews: 20
Best month to visit Aug-Dec

We are looking to stay at the Reef on the east side sometime between August and December, does anyone have a suggestion as to the best weather or winds in that area ?

Thanks

Grand Cayman
1. Re: Best month to visit Aug-Dec

My absolute favourite month of the year on-island is November. I don't know specifically about winds on that side of the island that time of year but December tends to be the windiest of the year on the west side of the island. In October, you will encounter a lot of rain so I'd highly recommend November.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 18
2. Re: Best month to visit Aug-Dec

I second Cayman I's recommendation of November...especially Thanksgiving week. We've made it one of our routine vacations on the Cayman Islands. Weather is very nice and the hurricane possibility greatly diminished. And we get away from some of the relatives.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 8
3. Re: Best month to visit Aug-Dec

We have been during first half of November (Pirate's Week), and experienced not only some of that event unique, fun activities but also very nice weather. Was not aware this trip coincided with Pirate's Week when booking (it had recently been moved from October to November due to many previous very rainy Octobers) and absolutely were delighted. Am looking into our schedules hoping to make a repeat Pirate's Week GC vaca this year.

Macomb, Illinois
reviews: 26
4. Re: Best month to visit Aug-Dec

All your comments are making me that much more excited about my month-long trip to the island this November. I chose that month because it was still low season and because my daughter would be able to join me for the last week (i.e. Thanksgiving). I totally forgot about Pirates Week and am now looking forward to attending the district Heritage Day celebrations

And FWIW, I could care less about the weather – this trip is to reconnect with all those things that my parents (and I) loved about the North Side and Grand Cayman when they owned a home in Old Man Bay.

PA
Destination Expert
for East End
5. Re: Best month to visit Aug-Dec

We love going in August....the ocean is like bath water and the crowds are down. You'll still get beautiful tradewinds on your balcony at the Reef...though perhaps not as many. We've been down in October but had a bit of bad weather with Hurricane Wilma visiting after her Mexican adventure, and December just made me crazy a couple years ago, because I kept thinking I should be home making cookies or decorating or something. Can't remember any issues in November, not sure if we've been down there then, but you just never know about the weather.

good luck with your decision and you are going to LOVE The Reef Resort. :)

6. Re: Best month to visit Aug-Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 01, 2014