We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 days in Cape Town Itinerary. Comments welcomed.

Which Cape Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
9 days in Cape Town Itinerary. Comments welcomed.

Hi, my husband and I are planning a trip to South Africa in September and we are planning on dedicating 9 full days to Western Cape. I have done some research and looks like flight from Nelspruit into Port Elizabeth is more frequent than flying into George. Here is what I have planned.

Day 1 Drive from PE to Plettenburg via Tsitsikamma. Explore suspension bridge and zipline/bungee jump perhaps?

Day 2 Relax at the beach in Plettenburg

Day 3 Plettenburg to Knysna

Day 4 Knysna to Worcester via a detour to Oudtshoom

Day 5 Worcester to Wine region (Paarl/Stellenbosch) for wine tasting

Day 6 Wine region to Cape Town

Day 7, 8, 9 Cape Town

I'd like to fit the trip to Hermanus, Table Mountain, Robben Island and Cape Peninsular whilst in Cape Town.

Is the schedule above about right/too hectic? I am aware it is a lot of driving, but it is important for us to enjoy and relax too. Any comments/recommendations is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Michelle L

11. Re: 9 days in Cape Town Itinerary. Comments welcomed.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:40 am, February 26, 2014
London, United...
12. Re: 9 days in Cape Town Itinerary. Comments welcomed.

Thank you all for your suggestions. Yes we have decided to drive straight from Oudtshroon to Swellendam then Hermanus to save some time. The wine region, we will join a wine tasting day tour from Cape Town. This way, we can drink as much as we want :)

man of kent
13. Re: 9 days in Cape Town Itinerary. Comments welcomed.

We done a wine tour by bicycle great fun

14. Re: 9 days in Cape Town Itinerary. Comments welcomed.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 03, 2015