We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants

Which Cape Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BIRMINGHAM
reviews: 28
restaurants

Hi,

I am returning to Cape Town in September, (first time for over 4 years), I love eating out when I am there. Are there any new places I should check out?

Thanks in advance.

Johannesburg, South...
1. Re: restaurants

The Test Kitchen at the Old Biscuit Mill is currently rated top and really excellent. But book now already. Also great is the Greenhouse in Constantia.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
reviews: 101
2. Re: restaurants

I am sure there are lots of new restaurants that have opened (and shut) in the last 4 years. What type of food do you like and what area will you be staying in.

BIRMINGHAM
3. Re: restaurants

I am staying mainly in the gardens area of the city but will have a car so happy to drive if I need too. I am a big fish eater but open to all food types to be honest.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
reviews: 101
4. Re: restaurants

Millers thumb which is not new but always good for fish is in thr Gardens. A new restaurant just opened in the checkers centre in sea point. Haven't been yet but heard its excellent.harbour house opened at the waterfront about a year or 2 back is excellent for fresh fish

BIRMINGHAM
5. Re: restaurants

Thanks to you both. I will most definitely look into your recommendations.

Randburg, Gauteng...
reviews: 34
6. Re: restaurants

Hello i have just returned from Cape Town and had lovely meals there. These are not new, but i found the food there to be excellent. Best was in Noordhoek, the Barn (best lamb i have ever tasted). Bablyonstoren out in Stellenbosch - lovely food and asmosphere. Paranga in Camps Bay, Grand cafe which is popular with the locals. On the V & W Waterfront, Tashas opened recently, the food and service was excellent. The first 2 restaurants mentioned require a booking way in advance, but thoroughly worth it.

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and Safaris

BIRMINGHAM
7. Re: restaurants

Thanks for that. I will check them out

8. Re: restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 10, 2015