We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to CT to celebrate my 40th

Which Cape Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Peterborough...
reviews: 38
Coming to CT to celebrate my 40th

We are coming in March 2014 to celebrate my 40th. I'd like to do something abit special and abit unusual. Any ideas??? I do not want to dive with sharks before anyone suggests it LOL Thankyou

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
reviews: 43
1. Re: Coming to CT to celebrate my 40th

Well, you could climb Table Mountain... I had clients who went with Riaan Vorster last month and they had a great time! https://www.facebook.com/riaan.vorster.7

Weybridge
reviews: 57
2. Re: Coming to CT to celebrate my 40th

What about taking a ride in a vintage sidecar of a classic 750 cc motorcycle and taking in the views and the vineyards?

springbokatlas.com/destination/…

A friend of mine did this and loved it.

Tracey - Owner/Director, Travel Butlers

Peterborough...
3. Re: Coming to CT to celebrate my 40th

Thanks for the suggestions unfortunately my other half doesn't drink alcohol so the winelands/sidecar trip would be abit wasted on him. I don't fancy hiking up table mountain, too much like hard.

Any other suggestions?

Weybridge
reviews: 57
4. Re: Coming to CT to celebrate my 40th

Hot air balloon trip over Paarl/the Winelands? Beautiful scenery.

Tracey - Owner/Director, Travel Butlers

north yorkshire
reviews: 104
5. Re: Coming to CT to celebrate my 40th

Depends on the date of your birthday, but Sunday afternoon concert at Kirstenbosch followed by special meal at one of top restaurants. Alternatively there are some great boat cruises from the waterfront (and can be exclusive for just one couple - though might be quite expensive). How about afternoon tea at The Mount Nelson Hotel (though you won't want dinner afterwards). Just being in Cape Town is so special!!!

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
reviews: 87
6. Re: Coming to CT to celebrate my 40th

How about Para gliding - thats certainly different and some twin ladies who turned 70 just did it for their 70th. You dont go it alone. Not too sure where to tell you to look but i can try and find out if you are interested in that. Also a sunset cruise is beautiful if the weather is good. The boat goes from the waterfront to Clifton and you have drinks on the boar - its lovely and no hard work there. - mind you you dont drink so i suppose you can have water but enjoy your cruise at sunset.

Kent
7. Re: Coming to CT to celebrate my 40th

Helicopter ride around the peninsular, up False Bay, over Constantia & Table Mountain ?

Table View, South...
reviews: 80
8. Re: Coming to CT to celebrate my 40th

Steam train trips: http://www.atlanticrail.co.za/ or quovadis-southern-africa.co.za/content/13/13…

Peterborough...
9. Re: Coming to CT to celebrate my 40th

thankyou so much everyone - you've come up with some ideas. I'd better start doing some research. PS the birthday girl does drink it's just the other half who doesn't!!

10. Re: Coming to CT to celebrate my 40th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 06, 2014