We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Town Itinerary + Safari

Which Cape Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Omagh, United...
reviews: 1
Cape Town Itinerary + Safari

Hi, I am currently planning a trip to Capetown for 2 weeks with my Partner from 26th Aug to 8th sept i had a brief itinerary drawn up including a 3 night safari and was looking for some comments and advice on it!

We are a young couple in our Early 20s our total budget is approx £1600 We enjoy an active holiday and experiencing new things

- flying for £700pp with Emirates from Dublin through Dubai to Cape town

-Stay in Cape town and surrounding Area to around the 1st Sept

- Going to do some things around Cape town such as:

- Cage diving £100pp

- Winelands tour

- Table mountain

Travel to Amakhala Game Reserve (approx 9 hours drive) and stay in Carnavon Dale Lodge for 3 nights possible the 2nd to the 5th for £220 pp

On the way up stay in Mossel Bay area and way home possibly Port Elizabeth do some different activities or visit points of interest on the way.

We plan to rent a budget car whilst there and stay in budget accomodation

Appox car price was £180 for 10 days

Approx Accomoddation £25-35pppn

I know it is quite brief, but any adivce or recommendations would be greatly appreciated

also any comments on fuel prices and price of food and drink would be great!

Thank You,

Jonny

Berkshire, England
reviews: 62
1. Re: Cape Town Itinerary + Safari

My recommendation would be to hire a good size car as you will be doing a lot of driving. We usually only drive around Cape Town, the Winelands etc and the year we hired a small car, we regretted it as it didn't have the engine capacity we needed for all the hills!

Omagh, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Cape Town Itinerary + Safari

Thank you can you recommend any car hire firm or anything?? would we need to book it in advance or wait until we arrive??

Thank You

San Francisco...
reviews: 102
3. Re: Cape Town Itinerary + Safari

I used cars-4-hire for an automatic mid-size sedan with great trunk space that was sourced through First Car Rental. Book in advance. A $60US deposit is tacked on for gasoline and the company refuels and credits you the difference. We used Purple Roofs and found the Purple House and their self-catering apartment in De Waterkant area on Loader Street. Easy street parking. Have some small coins. Wherever you park, there's a guy in an orange vest who earns a living patroling on that block to prevent break-ins and help you pull out. A 50cent rand is fine. Ask his name and pay when you return.

4. Re: Cape Town Itinerary + Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 04, 2014