We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One afternoon in Cape Town

Which Cape Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, United...
reviews: 3
One afternoon in Cape Town

Hi I'm going to Cape Town on business next week, and only have one free afternoon to sight see. I'll be staying in the city centre, and am a lone woman who isn't particularly brave when it comes to venturing about in strange cities, but I don't want to hide in my hotel room either.

I like wildlife/scenery etc.

Any suggestions about how to spend my precious afternoon (that won't cause too much stress) would be greatly appreciated.

Cape Town Central...
1. Re: One afternoon in Cape Town

If the weather is good, I would go up Table Mountain. You could do this with the Hop On-Hop Off buses with various other stops on the Red route.

Cape Town Central...
reviews: 57
2. Re: One afternoon in Cape Town

I would suggest a half day afternoon tour to the Cape Peninsula with visits to Cape Point, Cape of Good Hope, the penguins at Bolders Beach and along the False Bay Coast back to the City. Wildlife to be seen plenty off and off course the outdoors.

Hank Daries - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
reviews: 78
3. Re: One afternoon in Cape Town

Hi,

With so little precious time at your disposal, I would contact Hylton Ross (www.hyltonross.co.za) and do an afternoon tour to Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve (R490). You will then have the opportunity of seeing the Atlantic Seaboard, Hout Bay, Noordhoek, Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve and return via Boulders Beach (penguins).

Kent
4. Re: One afternoon in Cape Town

I also agree, Hylton Ross & a peninsula tour, you will love it.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
reviews: 101
5. Re: One afternoon in Cape Town

I agree - half day tour will give you the best in a short time

6. Re: One afternoon in Cape Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:45 am, September 27, 2012
7. Re: One afternoon in Cape Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 28, 2013