We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in August?

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 61
Weather in August?

We have booked to go for a beach holiday in August, but friends have pointed out that it is the wrong season, and it is more likely to rain than be sunny.

Can someone please advise if you have enjoyed sunny weather at this time of the year (mid-August)?

Bohol
reviews: 23
1. Re: Weather in August?

Hi. The weather can be variable and it's hard to predict. My advice? Just go and enjoy yourself. Plenty to do rain, hail or shine. Check out wunderground.com/global/stations/98644.html

For more detail

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 61
2. Re: Weather in August?

We sure will enjoy ourselves regardless of weather :)

Met a guy over the weekend who spent a lot of time in Cebu and Asia - and he reminded me that the monsoon season doesn't necessarily means it rains non-stop - just a heavy downpour in the afterrnoons.

Dauin
3. Re: Weather in August?

Hey!

Yeah, it doesn't have to rain all day long and if you are lucky you can still get some days without rain (or maybe only at night. August is not the perfect travelling time but it's still gonna be nice I guess. I found useful information also about the climate on the Philippines here. They have a very nice climate map. Maybe that helps, just have a look: travellingthephilippines.com/thephilippines/…

Cheers

Oslo
reviews: 122
4. Re: Weather in August?

weather will be on and off, but your vacation will be ON and that is what really matters.

California City...
5. Re: Weather in August?

I think August will be a rainy season, this is the month that Filipinos are experiencing typhoons and mostly rains. However I cannot predict the weather but based on experienced August is a rainy month until September and worst until December.

6. Re: Weather in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, March 20, 2014