We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cul de Sac - Villa Jade 2 (studio) or Karibuni

Which Cul de Sac hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
reviews: 28
Cul de Sac - Villa Jade 2 (studio) or Karibuni

We are travelling to St. Martin for three nights in April and are trying to decide whether to rent the Villa Jade 2 or stay at the new Karibuni Lodge - both of which are in French cul de sac. Both look beautiful. One concern in safety since I have been readying that crime has increased on the Island, espcially violent crime. While the villa studio is bigger cheaper, more private and right on the water, I am worried about security. Any thoughts? Thanks.

30 replies to this topic
Omaha
reviews: 3
1. Re: Cul de Sac - Villa Jade 2 (studio) or Karibuni

My husband and I stayed at Villa Jade last year. The villa is beautiful and very safe. It is right on the water and wonderful to grill out and have dinner or sit out with your coffee in the morning. When you go to bed or go out you flip a switch and a metal door comes down. We felt very safe, the owners were very helpful recommending our rental car, helping us book a private boat charter, and greeting us at check in. I am confident recommending this property.

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Cul de Sac - Villa Jade 2 (studio) or Karibuni

Hi Nikki!

New York, NY
3. Re: Cul de Sac - Villa Jade 2 (studio) or Karibuni

Thanks. We decided to go with Karibuni after some more recommendations. Looking forward to our trip.

4. Re: Cul de Sac - Villa Jade 2 (studio) or Karibuni

We are considering the same options. Can you share why you chose the lodge over the villa?

OIB, NC
reviews: 2
5. Re: Cul de Sac - Villa Jade 2 (studio) or Karibuni

I an anxious to hear a review of Karibuni! I bet it's lovely.

New York, NY
6. Re: Cul de Sac - Villa Jade 2 (studio) or Karibuni

Was a close call but that extra level of security is what pushed us to the side of Karibuni. Just for my own peace of mind. I am sure we couldn't have gone wrong with either choice. I'll post reviews after our trip.

Florida
reviews: 5
7. Re: Cul de Sac - Villa Jade 2 (studio) or Karibuni

We are currently in Villa Jade 3. Karibuni looks very nice from the outside (not much parking area), have not not gone inside, but I can tell you a big difference. The Villa Jade cottages, 1, 2 and 3 are right ON the water. They have kayaks and you can jump in and go.

Karibuni is higher up, and no direct water access. Made a big difference to us.

Villa Jade 3 is so fabulous we don't want to go back to Florida.....

Mentor, Ohio
8. Re: Cul de Sac - Villa Jade 2 (studio) or Karibuni

Hi, I am planning on Staying in Jade 1. Did you see that unit? Do you know anything about it? Any information would be great.

Other choice is Bay view on Beacon Hill or La Siesta on simpson bay.

Thanks,

Jane

Bloomington...
9. Re: Cul de Sac - Villa Jade 2 (studio) or Karibuni

we are staying at La Siesta in

Simpson Bay this fall, anyone have any info would be great! The security concerns me also. thanks!

Mentor, Ohio
10. Re: Cul de Sac - Villa Jade 2 (studio) or Karibuni

We are staying at la siesta too any info would be appreciated

Reply to: Cul de Sac - Villa Jade 2 (studio) or Karibuni
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cul de Sac
More Cul de Sac Topics