We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tayrona in July or somewhere less crowded?

Fort Wayne, Indiana
reviews: 1
Tayrona in July or somewhere less crowded?

I am thinking about going to the Caribbean coast in Colombia in early July. Tayrona National Park sounds beautiful, but I've read that it can be fairly crowded during that time of year. Are there any parts of the park that are less busy and/or more remote (maybe Playa Brava)? Are there other places in Northern Colombia that may be a better choice as far as scenic beaches? What about Rosario Islands, Gulf of Morrosquillo, or San Bernardo Islands? Thanks.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
reviews: 7
1. Re: Tayrona in July or somewhere less crowded?

Sure there are tons of off the grid beach places to visit but the biggest problem in Colombia is infrastructure; during rainy season the secondary roads become somewhat impassable. June and July is vacation time for Colombians; bad memories behind they are taking back their country and mobilizing in full force to popular beach towns. Your best bet to get away from the crowds may be to look for smaller places between the busy beach areas; researching some of the places you mentioned would be a good start…

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Colombia
reviews: 21
2. Re: Tayrona in July or somewhere less crowded?

I visited Tayrona last year late July, and Cabo San Juan campsite had actually No Vacancy. We had to walk back to Arrecifes. Loads of tourists, mainly Israelis when I was there.

3. Re: Tayrona in July or somewhere less crowded?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tayrona National Park