We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duke's Hideaway - Location Question

Which Silver Sands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 35
Duke's Hideaway - Location Question

Anyone who's stayed at Duke;s or seen Duke's , pls comment on the location's proximity to the swimming beach and especially if this locaiton is "noisy" as it seems to have a main beach path to the nice swimming beach.

I noted that Duke's is rt behind Queen's Cottage- How close is Duke's to the homes/cottages next door?

GREAT NEWS!!! I've spoken to nice owner of Pineapply Villa who also owns Duke's. She told me that Duke's in currently being renovated to become a 6 bedrm/6 bathrm home with infinity pool. ( pool will be on the top floor w/great views!). As TAs know i 've been considering Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa for our large family gathering in winter of 2014. ( 11 to possibly 14 adults).

So Duke's being a beachfont ( cloeset to swimming beach) and becoming a new LARGE VILLA rental would be ideal for us.....Only concern is issue of heavy traffic and noise??

Thanks again to all who've been so helpful with my research!!

2 replies to this topic
New England, USA
reviews: 39
1. Re: Duke's Hideaway - Location Question

If I am remembering correctly, Duke's had a nice yard. I believe the side yard abuts the stairway down to the beach. I stayed up towards the rear of the property once and remember it as we walked to the beach. I think there is some privacy there, but I do recall thinking the stairway was quite close. Hope this helps.

edit to add that it is quite near the swimming beach.

Edited: 1:45 pm, November 21, 2012
New York
reviews: 35
2. Re: Duke's Hideaway - Location Question

Hi Ms L.

Thanks for your info!

Reply to: Duke's Hideaway - Location Question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted