We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

Which Silver Sands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 35
Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

Planning fway ahead for large amily gathering in winter of 2014. There might be 11 - 14 adults ranging from 21 - 67.

Anyone stayed at Endless Summer and Pineapple Villa ?

Both have 7 bedrooms/7 baths. and have pool. But Endless is on the beach ( not the swimming beachfrom what I've been told ) and Pineapple Villa is a short walk away from the beach.

Pros and cons of each for our group?

We love to swim and snorkel (But from the shore and hoping not to have to take boat out to snorkel.) Some like tennis and pingpong. 2 just lie to hang around,read and listen to the waves by the pool.

How are the staff at these villas?

Thanks!

49 replies to this topic
Barrie Ontario
reviews: 12
1. Re: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

The pool and deck is bigger at pineapple both a bit of walk to swimming beach not far though.

New York
2. Re: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

Thanks Linnytoons,

Sorry but I have more quesitons regarding the water in front of 'beachfront Endless Summer.............

HOw's the water right in front of Endless Summer? Can you go in and swim in that water? I 've read mixed reviews about actually being able to swim in that water ( that side of the beach at Silver Sands).So even though Endless Summer and the homes along that beach are 'beachfront' , one cannot swim in there? How does one get into this water to snorkel then? Do you have to take a boat out and then dive in?

Are there too many rocks or grass??? Can you or anyone else explain ?

Is the other beach on the other side ( where most of the cottages are beachfront) better for swimming?

Sorry about all these questions. But I need to have more specific info before I can discuss with other family members.

Thanks!

Barrie Ontario
3. Re: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

I have seen some one snorkeling along that shore. As for swimming no its kinda gross. The conch fisherman through the shells over board some where around there and they wash ashore and stink. Why swim there the beach area is very nice on the other side. We seen pool which is a bit dissapointing if that is your thing. We usually stay at place next door to pineapple Azure cove. To me pineapple view will be nicer even though not on the shore. Large deck area in PV .

New York
4. Re: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

Hi Linnytoons,

Thanks so much! Your comments are so helpful. This is exactly what I need to know about the beach in front of Endless Summer. If this is NOT a nice beach for swimming, then Endless Summer being beachfront is meaningless to us! Who wants to stare at a beach that smells?

I appreciate your honest feedback. And we dont care too much about the pool if the beach in front is nice for swimming. But if you dont have swimming in beach in front , then we'd need a nice pool. And from you said, Endless Summer has a pathetic pool. Can see from photos that it is very narrow and sort of 'stuck behind a wall' without any space to sit ( No deck ) around pool.

Pineapply Villa definitely has a larger , nicer pool and deck space. Given what you said,I think we will look into Pineapply Villa.

WE LOVE AZURE COVE!!! - it is gorgeous but we need 7 bedrooms. If our group drops to fewer people, we'd defintely check out Azure Cove. The other 5 bedroom /5bath home we'd consider is JAMAHOME ( rented through owners) which is beachfront ( Jamacove) but no pool.

What's your pro/cons on Azure Cove?

Thank you again for all your comments!

Barrie Ontario
5. Re: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

Azure cove is nice modern , cook and maid are awesome. Deck and pool very nice.

Barrie Ontario
6. Re: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

I dug up some photos of the beach area and others

http://www.facebook.com/groups/jamaicabyair/

New York
7. Re: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

linnytoons,

Thanks so much for your feedback on Azure Cove and esp for the lovely photos. It gives me a better perspectice on the Silver Sands property and other homes.

Halifax, Canada
reviews: 5
8. Re: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

The swimming beach is not too far from anything really, we were up the hill 2 rows back last year and had no trouble going back and forth to the beach. The snorkeling is fantastic to the right of the swimming beach, right in front of Santa Margherita and past it. The water is shallow and calm if not too windy. There were huge stingrays just resting in the sand and many fish and corals.

You will want a nice pool if the wind is high. Our first three days last year were too windy to swim anywhere in the ocean and the lifeguard would not let anyone stick a toe in the water. The pool was a godsend for us.

We toured several villas while we were there for an upcoming larger family trip as well. Azure Cove is gorgeous but also consider Primrose Path if your group doesn't need the 7 bedrooms. Good luck.

New York
9. Re: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

Hi Snowbound,

Your advice is most helpful.especially regarding where one can snorkel off the shore ( for one who is not most daring).

If we do not end up with larger group and if we dont need 7 bedrms/7bath for my large family, we would definitely pick Azure Cove or Primrose Path (Thanks - have checked it out before) or Sand Dollar . As I mentioned earlie, Jamahome is gorgeous beachfront home ( rented only through owners who are also very nice). But Jamahome does not have a pool and you advice about renting home with a pool as impt option - for windy days when you cant go into water was excellent point.

Since you've mentioned that snorkeling is good rr below Santa Margherita, this might be an option with smaller group.

We also like Santa Margherita and Quadrille but does anyone know how much climbing does it take to get to/from these homes to the beach. These homes are gorgeous and views are fantastic but not sure about the climb up/down.

Thanks again for your advice.

Halifax, Canada
reviews: 5
10. Re: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa

There are steps going down from SM, a little steep but not too bad. My kids are 12 and 14 so when we looked at SM they tried it out. At high tide you wouldn't be able to walk over to the swimming beach but swimming and snorkeling could be done from the stairs I guess. We walked over at low tide. SM is pretty small inside so any more than 6 people would be a little crowded I think. We only looked but that was my feeling. Depends on ages I guess. Don't have any info on Quadrille. We will be back this April - can't wait!

Reply to: Endless Summer vs Pineapple Villa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted